Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting House in November

Options
  • 27-10-2009 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi,

I am planning to rent my house and am in the processe of doing to DIY to tidy it up a bit. I want to paint the outside of it, but I was wondering if it is too late to do so in November.

Apart from the obvious problems of trying to dodge the showers, are there any other problems with painting to late in the year.

Is it ok to paint this late in the year, or should I forget about it?

Thanks,
    PJ

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Buffy the bitch

Why November? Better off doing it now!!

You can do once it's not very cold as it will take some time for the paint to dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 PJaysus

thanks, I might try and do it this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I think you can paint at almost any temperature and in damp conditions if you use a Pliolite based paint. Not exactly a budget paint but if you are stuck.
    Pliolite® Based Masonry Paint is
    much more tolerant to showery or cold weather during application than traditional water-
    based exterior masonry paints and can be applied to exterior masonry surfaces at virtually
    any time of the year.

Advertisement