Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Way To Pay Mortgage installments?

Options
  • 27-10-2009 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

I was listening to a finance guy on Newstalk a couple of months ago and he was saying that you can knock a few grand off your mortgage if you pay it back a certain way. Now I cant remember if he said you pay it back in bi-weekly installments on a S/O or by DD.

Is this correct and if so which one do I try set up with my lender?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

population wrote: »
    I was listening to a finance guy on Newstalk a couple of months ago and he was saying that you can knock a few grand off your mortgage if you pay it back a certain way. Now I cant remember if he said you pay it back in bi-weekly installments on a S/O or by DD.

Is this correct and if so which one do I try set up with my lender?

Cheers

It was bi-weekly alright, where you'd make effectively 13 "months" worth of payments (i.e. 26 bi-weekly = 13 four-weekly) instead of 12 if you had it on a calendar month basis. I don't know which lenders allow it though.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

AIB allow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

I am with KBC who thus far have been utter bast**ds on all aspects of our mortgage so will be curious to see if they will allow this

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

population wrote: »
    I am with KBC who thus far have been utter bast**ds on all aspects of our mortgage so will be curious to see if they will allow this

be with them too have no problems with them
    im unemployed for two years now
    i called them directly and was allowed to pay nothing for one year
    now i have to pay interest only for one year( 60 eu a week)
    next year i have to come back and look what the situation is than
    dont wait talk directly with them and u have no problems with them

• Advertisement
Advertisement