Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to find a team to train/play with!

• 27-10-2009 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭

Lads,

Past few weeks I have been dieing to get back to playing with a team but feeling like I may be a little past it, I played up until I was 16 and then stopped, I'm 22 now and have just quit smoking and want to get fit again. Problem is I have no idea how to go about finding a team to train/Play with again. Has anyone else come back after a long absence, did use find it very difficult?...If anyone has any info or can help with any clubs looking for players on north side of Dublin let us know, sorry if this is the wrong section mods please move if needs be. Really miss that Saturday morning match buzz =(

thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You'll need to be a lot more specific about where in the northside.

http://www.soccer-ireland.com/irish-soccer-leagues/aul.htm

This might be of use to you.

If you're around the D11 (Finglas/Ballymun/Poppintree) then you could check out Phoenix Rovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Sorry yeah I'm based in Artane so they wouldn't be too far from me. I suppose the likes of Tolka rovers, St.Kevins would be ideal but how would I go about getting in to a B squad or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I guess each club would differ slightly.

Most would be happy for you to go along, train and see what you're like. If you're good enough, you'll get a game or two, and see how it goes. Many clubs welcome new players, especially during the season.

So, just go for it - contact the clubs and see how it goes.

Thanks a mill Paul..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Try www.lslforum.com you'll get contacts/info for any LSL teams - ie Tolka
    www.aul.ie should have contact details for Kevins

pm me if looking for contact for specific clubs I'll see what I can do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

Hi mate, Lorcan celtic are always looking for players were in Lorcan green in front of the Kilmardinny Pub. Train Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6.50.
    Sunday side is in Major league (lsl) and the saturday side is in div 2 (lsl).
    Its only 5 mins from you too.

Pete

Lorcan Celtic sound perfect, thats literally two mins from my house, could you PM me the managers number or should I just drop down on Thursday with gear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

Just drop down Tuesday or Thursday with your gear mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055297413&page=14

Thats really where you should be asking.

Usually lots of guys posting up about looking for players etc.

I'm 28 and only last year went back playing after a few years. I'm playing for a UCL side (new team) and finding it great. Might go looking for a better team next season, as I'm definitely playing way below my standard.

I used to be a Tolka Rovers man myself, and you'll probably find it fairly difficult getting into their senior sides - they're full of ex-pro's and semi pro's. But no harm giving them a call I suppose.

Advertisement