Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor billing weirdness

• 27-10-2009 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

Hello all,

Not sure if this should be in here or the consumer forum, so I'll take a chance and post it here.

I'm on Meteor billpay and every month they take their payment by DD on the 29th of the month. For some reason this never happened in September just passed. Instead I got a text on the 5th Oct apologising for the late arrival of my bill and that it would arrive soon.

The bill (dated the 11th Oct) arrived last week and contains a month and halfs worth of billing. The Aug-Sept month is listed as overdue and the last two weeks in Sept are listed as current. It's all very confusing.

Anyways, it would appear that they messed up their billing in Sept, didn't take their DD from my account and are now telling me I am overdue and that if I don't pay up they will disconnect me.

To confuse matters even further, the on-line Meteor service claims a bill was sent to me on the 6th Oct and that my account was paid in full at that time. But I can't view the bill in PDF format as when I click on the PDF link, it displays the bill for the 11th Oct.

I had a chat with three separate Meteor CS reps who don't seem to be able to grasp what is going on. I just want confirmation that I won't be disconnected if they don't sort their billing out, but they seem to think I am at fault and they deny that Meteor ever sent the text apologising for a late bill. They are saying I am overdue, but they have made no attempt to take a DD payment from my account since late August.

Has anyone else had problems with Meteor billing recently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭squareboy007

grundie wrote: »
    Hello all,

Not sure if this should be in here or the consumer forum, so I'll take a chance and post it here.

I'm on Meteor billpay and every month they take their payment by DD on the 29th of the month. For some reason this never happened in September just passed. Instead I got a text on the 5th Oct apologising for the late arrival of my bill and that it would arrive soon.

The bill (dated the 11th Oct) arrived last week and contains a month and halfs worth of billing. The Aug-Sept month is listed as overdue and the last two weeks in Sept are listed as current. It's all very confusing.

Anyways, it would appear that they messed up their billing in Sept, didn't take their DD from my account and are now telling me I am overdue and that if I don't pay up they will disconnect me.

To confuse matters even further, the on-line Meteor service claims a bill was sent to me on the 6th Oct and that my account was paid in full at that time. But I can't view the bill in PDF format as when I click on the PDF link, it displays the bill for the 11th Oct.

I had a chat with three separate Meteor CS reps who don't seem to be able to grasp what is going on. I just want confirmation that I won't be disconnected if they don't sort their billing out, but they seem to think I am at fault and they deny that Meteor ever sent the text apologising for a late bill. They are saying I am overdue, but they have made no attempt to take a DD payment from my account since late August.

Has anyone else had problems with Meteor billing recently?

+1 any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

I got my bill on time, and the DD went in no bother, but I did experience weirdness with my bill too (Connect 25). They charged me €42, which at first was a huge surprise, but when I read the bill it seems that they charged me for two periods : 15 Sept - 4 Oct and 5 October - 4 Nov. Is this normal practice?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

neil2304 wrote: »
    I got my bill on time, and the DD went in no bother, but I did experience weirdness with my bill too (Connect 25). They charged me €42, which at first was a huge surprise, but when I read the bill it seems that they charged me for two periods : 15 Sept - 4 Oct and 5 October - 4 Nov. Is this normal practice?

Not for me. The bill me for a month at a time, usually the 10th of one month to the 9th of the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Something similar going on with me, just received a bill this morning, even though I received my last one recently and it looks like the previous DD did not happen. First time in years as a bill pay customer that something out of the ordinary has happened.

alb wrote: »
    Something similar going on with me, just received a bill this morning, even though I received my last one recently and it looks like the previous DD did not happen. First time in years as a bill pay customer that something out of the ordinary has happened.

I've just noticed from the Metor online CS website that my billing periods are completely off-kilter.

They list my last three bills as:
    17th Aug
    6th Oct
    12th Oct
    There's nothing listed for Sept.

Weird!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I had something strange also. Recieved my bill about 2 weeks later than usual and the DD was taken out about 3 weeks later. Usually it's in and around the 30th of the month but it didn't happen until the 19th. Call charges look fine on the bill though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Meteor changed to a new billing system in September. The OH has ongoing issues with them still getting billed even though she changed networks in September also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

i havn't seen a bill in almost 3 months now.. not complaining though. untill they cut me off or something

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

They seem to be all over the place at the moment. I got my last bill from them over a month ago, and the period was 19th August - 30th September, it said my account would be debited on or after 7th October. My next bill (30th Sep - 20th Oct??! - haven't actually got it yet, just viewed it online) said that the balance from the previous bill hadn't been received and was now overdue. Checked bank account this morning and it was only taken out today. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,901 ✭✭✭patrickc

this makes it awkward for me, its all over the place for and my work meteor phone too, which is in my name also. they seemed to have cocked up royally. I rang them and their system is down so they cant check into it today. they did say there has been an error with their billing system though

• Advertisement

To be honest I don't mind if they cock things up so long as they don't overcharge me, cut me off or accuse me of being overdue when it's their fault.

They really should just send out a text to their bill pay customers saying they are having problems and to bear with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭davehey79

just off the phone meself and exact same problem and due to a problem thier end i get hit with a double bill payment this month. I'm on the 55 a month plan and have 25 roaming charges too from last month!! Lovely just what i needed all in one go. Second time in last 4 months i've had a problem with billing. I will definitely be weighing up my options come contract renewal time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭davehey79

grundie wrote: »
    To be honest I don't mind if they cock things up so long as they don't overcharge me, cut me off or accuse me of being overdue when it's their fault.

They really should just send out a text to their bill pay customers saying they are having problems and to bear with them.

i made that point to your man too that it would be nice to be informed before the bill comes out or when it has just happened so i could lay off the bank account a bit and have few quid extra in their to cover the upcoming " double whack".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I have this problem this month too (all related to their recent website upgrade), but a rather "adamant" call to customer care this evening along the lines of "you have DD access to my account - not my fault you updated your website/billing system before validation testing was complete" in my unmistakable "I used to work in call centres and did your job so don't fob me off with excuses I know are rubbish" tone has gotten the bill reduced, extra time for me to pay it, and a very apologetic team leader agreeing it's their fault and sorry for the inconvenience etc

Call them...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭ablelocks

both my wife's and my bills were strange alright, glad to see it's not just us.

my first bill after signing up to the talk 25 tarriffwas -7 euro, whereas my second was for €40. i had meant to call them to check it out, so will do it tomorrow. my wife is on the €50 talk 300 with free landline calls, and her bill has jumped from the 50 (10 months at that) to over 70 for the last 2 bills, so she needs to check it out too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

With the new billing system, there were some delays with bills. They should be back to the regular cycle now. Some people have been affected by missing a months bills, and having 6 to 8 weeks between bills rather than 4. What this meant is that people were getting billed, and getting another bill before the previous one was even due to get them back into their assigned cycle. It's possible that payment may have already been taken for the 'overdue' amount so the best course of action is to pop into a Meteor store and get them to check or ring 1905.

They've just taken two months payment from my account. I know I owe it, but I still feel more than a little annoyed with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Speedy2009

i got charged for all my calls withing my minutes allowance in September
    Rang them up had it all calculated how much i was due back ~ €20 and they said they will take €25 off my next bill!
    LEts just hope this actually happens now!

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ajdb

Meteor changed to a new billing system in September. The OH has ongoing issues with them still getting billed even though she changed networks in September also.

Meteor recently cut me off and when I contacted them, I was told that a bill for €1160 came back unpaid. I explained that my bill is always €58 every month and enquired as to where the €1160 came from?

I was told this was 'internet charges'. "Internet charges, I don't use my phone for internet browsing"..... I explained to the assistant. I was told that my account would be credited - later in the week I was told that my bill was €177. Not sure what it going on with meteor, but once I get to the bottom of this overcharging, I will move from meteor - anyone know a decent mobile operator offering reasonable pay-as-you go rates?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ajdb

thanks for that Captain Morgan

Advertisement