Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread closed

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Why was this thread closed??

Did you ask the forum Mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I locked the thread.

It is my opinion that the thread was a neatly disguised attempt to troll Manchester United fans given your own allegiences. It was shit stirring from the word go and is not the sort of subject matter that would go down well in the forum, purely because it would turn into a 'United v the rest' argument that would only go down one road; a road we've been down many times before.

None of my fellow mods have approached me with any issues regarding the thread closure and I believe they would have done the same.

P.S. I received no PM from the OP regarding the closure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I locked the thread.

It is my opinion that the thread was a neatly disguised attempt to troll Manchester United fans given your own allegiences. It was shit stirring from the word go and is not the sort of subject matter that would go down well in the forum, purely because it would turn into a 'United v the rest' argument that would only go down one road; a road we've been down many times before.

None of my fellow mods have approached me with any issues regarding the thread closure and I believe they would have done the same.

P.S. I received no PM from the OP regarding the closure.

Oh there's the over used word Troll again.
    The thread was a valid point, and one i wanted to debate with others.
    How can you allow a Fergie v refs and not allow this?? Is Fergie v Refs a subject that would go down better than United stoppage time. Come on!!!

Jesus ya cant talk about anything on boards anymore, anything anyway controversial and its trolling.

Advertisement