Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Issass.exe - Application Error

• 27-10-2009 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Im wondering if anyone can help. An error comes up on my computer when it's turned on that says. "Issass.exe - Application Error. The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on ok to terminate the application. when i click ok it just goes to a black screen the mouse will move but that is it.

How can i fix this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Does it boot to Safe Mode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Vista or XP?

If Vista you might want to take a look at this, although when I have come across this issue it only works some of the time.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvr3rdpartyapps/thread/213997fa-95c5-4530-ab19-7e9e50924816

Its a absolute bitch of a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 kyia

no it's not letting me do anything.

It's Windows XP home edition.

Is it even worth my while trying to get it fixed or would i be aswell off just buying a new laptop?

Depends, taking the hard-drive out and backing up any data followed by a re-install of Windows would be the easyest option. Finding a shop in Ireland that won't rip you off on price, delete your information and steal parts seems to be a challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maybe this can help, could be for lsass
    http://www.probz.com/index.php?showtopic=1789

• Advertisement

Oh lord Cuddlesworth that could very easily happen to me because i dont really have a clue about computers, just the basics :rolleyes:. we dont have have any pictures or documents saved on it, the only things its used for is the internet, but we have used credit cards to book hotels & flights.

Ok. Lets start with what you have. What type of laptop is it? Manufacturer, model number?

Ill get back to you tomorrow with those details i may check them out. Thank you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

kyia wrote: »
    Im wondering if anyone can help. An error comes up on my computer when it's turned on that says. "Issass.exe - Application Error. The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on ok to terminate the application. when i click ok it just goes to a black screen the mouse will move but that is it.

How can i fix this?

This could be a virus trying to disguise itself as LSASS.EXE which is background security process in windows XP. Run a virus update then a scan. You could also try a tool like combofix.exe which cleans up parts of viruii left behind (do a search for it and read up on it before you run it!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

I had this problem with the brothers laptop in the last couple of weeks. Used a BartPE disc to boot and copy data to USB stick and rebuilt. Tried a couple of scans on it first but they found nothing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement