Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not receiving email notification of replies

Options
  • 27-10-2009 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Since approx. three days ago I've not been receiving email notifications of new replies to subscribed threads.

Tell a lie, I've received one email. But only one..

Is there something wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hey benifa

You have a temp ban from adverts that was imposed on the 24th (any query about that in particular will get an answer at adverts.ie support desk btw).

Because adverts.ie is linked with the user database on boards, at least for the moment, site bans from there can cause issues here. You may well need to resubscribe to your subscribed threads because vbulletin does narky things to subscribed threads for anyone who's been slapped with a siteban.

Your subscribed threads are listed here (I can't see how many you've subscribed to, only you can see that). Your problem should disappear if you resubscribe to the threads in question.

While I can't guarantee that the above is the source of the problem, I'm pretty sure that it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Hi sceptre,

Thank you for the kind response.

I thought along the same lines as you, but I've checked and I'm definitely still showing as subscribed to threads. I've also subscribed to some new threads today.

Not a single email notification though today, even though new posts have been made on them.

:confused:

Oh, are you also not getting notifications on the ones you've only newly subscribed to today? Silly question (but I have to ask it) - email notification is definitely on for the new ones?

Hi sceptre,

Appreciate the help.

I am also not getting notifications on the ones I've only newly subscribed to today (yesterday). No "boards.ie" emails at all. :(

I've checked and double checked - email notification is definitely on.

Odd.

Right, it's beyond my knowledge, at least at the moment.

I suspect strongly it has something to do with the adverts.ie temp ban you have, which is up on Nov 3.

I'm going to tag it for the development team and see if they can confirm this. Only thing I'm left with at the moment I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

Hi sceptre,

I think you're right, the problem seemed to occur only since the imposition of the Adverts.ie ban - so I too think it must be related to that.

Appreciate you and the Developers looking into this. :)

For info, no boards.ie emails received at all since the Adverts.ie ban on 24th October, except for one (notification of new reply to subscribed thread), which I received on 26th October. Apart from that one, I've received nothing since the ban.

Incidentally, the Adverts.ie ban imposed on 24th October was for one month, so it's expiry is due on 23rd November, I believe, not 3rd November.

Thanks again.

Just to update,

Whilst I was under the impression that my Adverts.ie ban wouldn't be lifted until 23rd November, it seems to be lifted already, according to my CP.

Any hoot, I'm still not receiving any emails from Boards.ie, unfortunately. :(

Hi folks.

My Adverts.ie ban was lifted today at 21:00.

Since then, I am now receiving notifications of replies to threads again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Hi. Sorry to thread jack but the thread title was the same problem I am having. I'm in the same situation but I'm nearly sure my ban has been lifted but still not having email notification of new replies. Could a mod kindly PM me of an update when possible. Thanks, and sorry again.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement