Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eavan Boland Essay

Options
  • 27-10-2009 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

I have an essay on Eavan Boland to do over the midterm and I've a problem:eek: we studied her last year and I can't remember anyting about her!!
    The question we've been given is:
    "In her poetry Boland explores the public and the private: Ireland's violent and troubled history and her own personal story." Would you agree with this view? Support your answer with relevant quotation or reference to at least 6 of the poems by Boland on your course.
    Any Ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

I normally dont reply to these sort of things but decided thers a first time for everything!

Well i would go with yes!
    For Ireland's violent and troubled history i would go with the poems a child of our time, war horse, the famine road.

For her own personal story use war horse(like how shes living in a suburb), the shadow doll( like hows she feel she lost her identity and becomes trapped etc..), this moment(setting-surburb..motherhod freezing the moment of the mother and child and like how a ordinary yet beauitful moment goes unnoticed in a suburb), love (about how after a while marriage loses it spark and becomes a everyday routine)

Hope that might be some use

Advertisement