Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus Wireless HELP!!!!

Options
  • 27-10-2009 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi Guys

I have a Chorus subscription for 10mb wireless broadband, for the first month it worked fine then for the last few weeks it has been shocking.

what happens is after about 15 mins of using the internet the connection it goes dead but yet the connection staus still shows that it is connected. the only way to solve this is to disconnect and reconnect. Very annoying!!!!

My Router is a Cisco EPC2425, I tried to access the wireless router using many ip addresses i found on here but one of them work, and i tried the default gateway but i cant access it.

Please Someone help me, I dont fancy waiting for than hour on the Chorus customer Help line

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Guffington wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I have a Chorus subscription for 10mb wireless broadband, for the first month it worked fine then for the last few weeks it has been shocking.

what happens is after about 15 mins of using the internet the connection it goes dead but yet the connection staus still shows that it is connected. the only way to solve this is to disconnect and reconnect. Very annoying!!!!

My Router is a Cisco EPC2425, I tried to access the wireless router using many ip addresses i found on here but one of them work, and i tried the default gateway but i cant access it.

Please Someone help me, I dont fancy waiting for than hour on the Chorus customer Help line

How many devices do you have connected to the router - I had the same problem & was told that the router can't handle more than three devices without having a problem with the dynamic IP addressing.

The internet connection is working, just the router getting confused with ip addressing.

If you release/renew the ip address from the wireless device & it works, then you have the same problem I had. Its a router issue that Chorus know about.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Guffington

Cheers for the input A

But i braved the notorious waiting for customer support and it turned out to be an overload on the one Broadband channel and because I wasnt able to access the router I couldnt change it myself, But i got it sorted

Advertisement