Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Liverpool Carling Cup Wed [read mod note on 1st post]

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Ah Jesus, give it a rest already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Boggles wrote: »
    And as far as I remember Parry was instrumental in the Torres signing.

actually, you remember wrong, parry had no involvment in it iirc with Rafas lawyer dealing with the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Mr Alan wrote: »
    actually, you remember wrong, parry had no involvment in it iirc with Rafas lawyer dealing with the deal.

Rafas Lawyer secured funding for it, did he? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

on a side note, sky irritate me.

they constantly refered to Alberto as the 20m signing last night, and as a result, everyone here is today.

he cost 17m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Mr Alan wrote: »
    on a side note, sky irritate me.

they constantly refered to Alberto as the 20m signing last night, and as a result, everyone here is today.

he cost 17m.

Depending on exchange rate, appearances, plus I'm sure he got a signing on fee. Could well push it past the 20 million.

Besides who gives a shíté whether he cost 17 or 20 as long as he turns out decent, you shouldn't let little things like that bother you Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

And as far as I remember Parry was instrumental in the Torres signing.

You really shouldn't trust your memory on these things. We don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

If all the matches were played with such spirit, skill and pace the world would be a beautiful place.

Well done to both sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

I'm a Liverpool fan, and was glad to watch the match last night not really caring about the result because I'm not too bothered about the Carling Cup. A league game between the same clubs the heart rate would be through the roof.

A very enjoyable match I thought, and like most games there was some postives and some negatives to be taken from it.

Caveleri looked nervous throughout I don't feel he's a natural second choice to Reina. If and when he needs replacement money will have to be spent. Money we don't have at the moment but luckily Pepe isn't interested in playing elsewhere.

Degen look good I thought, very eager to go forward, an adventurous type defender. Hope to see more of him now that his injuries have cleard up.

The Greek, Kyrgriakos didn't do too much wrong but he's well down the pecking order and its clear he was bought to be there, for cover.

Insua, great finish, possibly a little slow but he will improve and if he repays the faith Rafa has in him he will no doubt be a regualar in the side. Good defenders instinct.

Jay Spearing again looked limited, plenty of effort but like his performance against Sunderland he never got a grasp of the game and could also find it tough to stay at Anfield if it's first team football he's after.

Babel again very disappointing, flashes of skill but it has become increasingly obvious why Rafa won't rely on him more often to start the bigger games barring squad depletion as was the case v Sunderland. I'm beginning to think he'll never become the top player he promised to be. Oodles of speed, but his decision making on the ball is questionable.

Plessis seemed out of his depth against players he should be comfortable playing against.

Voronin, where to start. Sufficed to say it's miraclous to me how this guy gets paid to play the game. Folk may say he produced the goods while out on loan but he never has done in our shirt. The head on him when Ngog got the 2nd v United says it all, he's worried for his future, and quite right too.

Ngog was good I think he can develop and improve. His goal on Sunday won't be his last I'm sure of that. Learn from Torres and he could be very useful.

Aquilani should never be put up as the answer to Liverpools problem beacuse no single player can be, much less one who has played so little in the last 5 seasons. However he does seem to know what he's doing in the sense he has a vision of how the game should be played from an attacking midfielders POV. If he stays injury free he can look forward to a secure place in the first 11, allowing a different kind of distribution to Gerrard and Torres. Denied a stone wall penalty by a brutal defender in Senderos.

We're a long way off the strength of squads of Chelsea, Utd and even City now. Until thats addressed there'll be no league title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

No.

Sadly agree on Plessis and Spearing, but it was more of a point as to where Lucas is in the age/development scale. He probably loses out in that he is always being compared to those above him in the pecking order {Mascherano, Gerrard, Alonso} while people rarely take into account the other options at the club.
    cson wrote: »
    Not quite sure I agree with that. If Arsenal could have finished more clincally it could have been more than 2-1. Having said that Liverpool did have a few decent chances but on balance I think it was a fair result.

I kinda agree with you - I think Liverpool probably created slightly more chances/half chances but Arsenal took their chances better. Basically when I was saying a draw would have been a fairer result was more about how things were pretty even overall with Arsenal slightly nudging it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The guy needs to be given time to settle in

OK, I'll tell all the Liverpool fans I know to remember your wise words and try to be patient. Hopefully he'll settle in well and do you justice. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I don't want to get into a retarded argument with you but this has to be addressed.

The Liverpool starting lineup for last night:
    01 Cavalieri
    16 Kyrgiakos - Greek International
    22 Insua - Argentine International
    27 Degen - Swiss International
    37 Skrtel - Slovakian International
    26 Spearing
    28 Plessis
    10 Voronin - Ukraine International
    18 Kuyt - Dutch International
    19 Babel - Dutch International
    24 Ngog

I am sure that if the likes of Spearing or Plesis were eligible for Wales, they too would be internationals ;)

I was responding to a point that Arsenal's reserves were kids with no experience. Indeed some of them are kids but some who are not in the first team are good older international players.

Eduardo vs Voronin for example.

It doesnt matter if they are international players as that doesnt automaticly make one a good player.

So to sum it all up, what is your point?

Advertisement