Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Straighteners

• 27-10-2009 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

What do you think is the best hair straightener/styler other than a GHD? Mines on the way out & I cant really afford to splash €200 on a new one :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Don't worry you don't have to pay that much anymore!

I've had my GHD for SIX YEARS now and believe me if you saw my hair au naturelle you'd understand that it's done some impressive work over the years. But my trusty straighteners hasn't kicked the bucket so I can't REALLY justify one of these but a friend sent on a link to this site today -they're having an impressive sale and some of the designs are great - good idea for presents too. Looks like you could get a new GHD about €50ish. My friend said that the site's reputable too as she knows people who have bought off it with no problems

http://www.copghd.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 xdirtydiscox

Thanks VERY much :D
    Would you say they're real GHD's??
    I can't believe you can get them for so cheap I'll be passing the website on :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

I would assume that they're fairly legit alright seeing as they're an approved GHD supplier and since my mate said she knows people having bought off the site with no probs - if I had an excuse I'd buy one myself!

They've some gorgeous ones - really like the purple one myself, and the packaging is so nice it'd make a lovely present...even if it is for yourself! ha ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Sorry, don't have a recommendation for new straighteners for you but I really don't think the ghds on http://www.copghd.com/ are the real deal. The contact address on it is sarah.ourshoesonline@gmail.com and there's no business address on the site. I've seen that 'GHD approved retailer' sign on sites selling fake ghds before.

Have a look here for info on spotting counterfeits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

bahh- double post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭jjjade

hey

ive been through so many straighners and i no u said u dont have the money to splash but the ghd is a excellent buy... all the women in my house have one its so funny there is like 5! lol... i got mine brand new on ebay a year ago for real cheap try there... or even adverts, buy and sell? if you look u will get a cheap ghd :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

I got my ghds repaired by a guy from eBay a year ago & they're still working perfectly, cost about 30€,.
    Type ghd repairs into eBay and you'll find someone, got them back within ten days too :)

Advertisement