Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N95 8GB

• 27-10-2009 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I got a very nice present of a Nokia N95 8GB. The hands free kit in my car is for a 6230i. It’s all wired up and works lovely and cuts out radio to put calls through the car speakers and so on. I’m wondering can I just buy a cradle for the new phone and substitute it for the 6230i cradle without having to go through the rigmarole of getting an entirely new hands free wired up and fitted. I’ve looked at the N95 Hands Free kits on Amazon and they’re pretty crappy suction cap jobs where you’d just put your calls on loudspeaker (as opposed to having your calls come through the car speakers). Does anyone know if there’s a way around this or where’s the best place to go to have the existing hands free modified?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If your kit has bluetooth you can use it straight away, the most common kit is the CK-7W which uses bluetooth. It will work the same as the old phone, except the phone wont be charged. You can get a new cradle, and mount it on the excising base. For charging you can get a 12v cigarette charger. Hope thats some help

Advertisement