Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I frickin hate ultra moves

13»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Just you wait till they put in a paint the fence combo and restore CE Crusher in SSF IV!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

bison already has touch of death in SF4, here's the input:

st. RH

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

His st.rh needs a few buffs though, I'm thinking half number of start up frames, 40% more range, 50% more damage, +17 on block and builds 1 full bar of super meter. It also should juggle into ultra.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Red350 wrote: »
    Don't forget c.mk xx super taunt xx ultra for dan :D

Obviously not a true dan player. You need to throw in a gadouken after the c.mk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Placebo wrote: »
    watch the videos from Rathfarnam rampage and watch the amount of whiffed/missed ultras

I think that might have been the alcohol ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Abel's Ultra is awesome -- goes through most fireballs on reaction, easy setup from cr.HP (can also COD->FADC->cr.HP).

Yet he's nowhere near top tier.

*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

i dislike how i usually do a super instead of a ultra with ryu , bugs me abit

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I rarely get a full super bar when playing as ryu. The Ex fireballs are excellent and a combo ending in ex tatsu does so much damage that wasting meter on a super is pointless usually. If you've no super meter it's easier to pull off an ultra I find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

OTOH, Ryu's Super is one of the best moves in the game.

1+2 startup.
    Prevents neutral jump over FBs.
    Can combo from hit FB at >66% fullscreen.
    Can be comboed from LK or any air Tatsu.
    Does 73 block damage AFAIK.
    +11 on block.

In fact, since LK Tatsu is 11 frame startup, you could do FB ->Super -> LK Tatsu (just about) for 115 block damage.
    You'd be at -6 after LK Tatsu, but it is good chip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Placebo wrote: »
    watch the videos from Rathfarnam rampage and watch the amount of whiffed/missed ultras, its strict timing for alot of it.
    I was making a point that theyre not as easy as supers, its hardly a MK into ultra now....
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Rufus: cr.LP, EX Messiah, FADC Ultra.
    Ryu: cr. jab. cr. jab, DP, FADC, Ultra
    Sagat: cr. short, cr. short, cr. short, DP, FADC, Ultra
    Balrog: Cr. jab/short, headbutt, ultra

edit: nice edit Placebo :pac: (for those wondering it used to say LK instead of MK in his post hence that reply)

He's right though dreddy they generally aint as easy as supers, as supers can be super cancelled where as what your talking about there is linking and FADCing. Not saying they're hard though. That depends on the character and of course the 4 you mention there have a easy time with the ultra.

Yeah I love ryus super but I rarely have it as his ex moves are great, if your doing some heavy zoning you'll end up with a super which makes you even more dangerous when zoning if you're sitting on a super.

I waste a lot of ex fireballs I must admit. Still an old 3s habit, they came out so much faster in 3s but in SF4 I end up using them far more often then I should. I'm working on getting smarter with my super bar, you don't **** with ryu when he has a super. :p

• Advertisement

I know, that's why I listed very easy ones in the first post - doesn't matter really anyway. I do think some of the easiest ultra setups in SF4 are harder than landing some of the standard 3S super hitconfirms though.

edit: typed wrong word durr

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

bison already has touch of death in SF4, here's the input:

st. RH

haha:D
    i've been messing with bison lately his pokes are mental

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

I know, that's why I listed very easy ones in the first post - doesn't matter really anyway. I do think some of the easiest ultra setups in SF4 are harder than landing some of the standard 3S super hitconfirms though.

pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttttttttt

Sorry meant to type easier there not harder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Yeah i thought so , I was like hmmm wha huh heh wuuuuuh?:confused: awwww

Advertisement