Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting a Suit

Options
  • 27-10-2009 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me where I'd be able to rent a good suit at a cheap price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Some here and here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Id recommend Joe Green in Woodquay, he is 5th on the last post link to goldenpages. Rented suits from them before, even for wedding, and the suits are always in immac condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Buy 1 in Aldi €29 i think..

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

dress suit or knock around , dunnes have ok one for €60-70

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

If you know your measurements look on ebay. You can easily buy a suit there for equal to or less than a hire price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

if time is not a priority(you might have to go a few times to find one you like.Or try other similar shops....), try the SVP shop on Merchants Rd. I got a lovely suit a few years ago for 13 euro; I think they even threw in a tie!

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    if time is not a priority(you might have to go a few times to find one you like.Or try other similar shops....), try the SVP shop on Merchants Rd. I got a lovely suit a few years ago for 13 euro; I think they even threw in a tie!

Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭juma

What price should I be expecting to pay to rent a suit?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

TKMaxx do cheap formal wear, but a suit jacket and slacks, use a shirt and tie you already have, sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭juma

I would prefer rent a good suit instead of buying one (I do have a good suit but its back home and I wont be able to get it before the night its needed).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

you could buy a decent fitted suit for not much more than you'd pay to rent one these days, the shop on shopstreet usually has good deals (as in, but a suit, get stuff free) and they are fitted correctly.

a few months back Anthony ryans had some great deals, picked up a very nice McGee suit for under €150 and then just got it fitted (which they did instore, for free).

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Otherwise wait for an Aldi/Lidl promotion when you can get a suit for less than 30 euro and just add the shirt and dickie. Do for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Have to buy one this week. Anyone know any good places/deals at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mallett

Feeneys on Abbeygate street hire out suits or they did anyroad when I wanted one a few yrs back.

Advertisement