Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs for Man United Matches

Options
  • 27-10-2009 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

Any good pubs to watch Man United matches??? Or just general soccer matches. Around Dublin 4, Dublin 2 or City Centre area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DecentBee

Dunno bout football matches in pubs, wouldn't the barstools get in the way? Tallaght Stadium, Tolka Park, Richmond Park, Dalymount Park, Morton Stadium...take your pick.

(non-smartarse answer: try the woolshed, they show most big matches).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Woolshed is good, as is the pub that used to be called The Back Gate, just off O'Connell Street, loads of screens in there, showing all types of matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Woolshed not in D2. Off the top of my head, Sinnotts at the top of Grafton St. has about 500 screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Woolshed not in D2.

It's in the City Centre though, read the OP again.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Dublin 4's Leinster territory. (Allez les Bleus!)

Keep in mind that if a Leinster game is on at the same time as a United match, the United match'll be stuck in a corner at best. So anywhere in Ballsbridge or Donnybrook is going to be rugby first football second. Ringsend/Irishtown and Sandymount are a bit more mixed.

Anywhere in town though, and I mean anywhere will be showing a United game if it's on usually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Dublin 4's Leinster territory

The whole of Dublin is in Leinster the last time I checked?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

stovelid wrote: »

Oh stop being so pedantic. You know exactly what he meant. Dublin 4 is an area where Leinster rugby is very popular in comparison to other parts of Dublin/Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Dublin 4's Leinster territory. (Allez les Bleus!)

Keep in mind that if a Leinster game is on at the same time as a United match, the United match'll be stuck in a corner at best. So anywhere in Ballsbridge or Donnybrook is going to be rugby first football second. Ringsend/Irishtown and Sandymount are a bit more mixed.

Anywhere in town though, and I mean anywhere will be showing a United game if it's on usually.

Have found that places in Rathgar are the same as well when there is a clash on!

Best pubs to watch footy in my opinion are the Back Gate(as was), Woolshed, Murrays, also Messrs Maguires if you get a good seat!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I suppose it depends on what sort of atmosphere you want but I quite like watching games in Mulligan's on Poolbeg Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

This was discussed before on the soccer forum and nobody knows of a dedicated Man Utd pub.

Sinnots has a bad rep among United fans. I think the important staff in there support Liverpool and often give the least preference to United games.

The pub that used to be known as the Back Gate was very good, the one time i was in there. I think the street address is Parnell st.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Pro. F wrote: »
    The pub that used to be known as the Back Gate was very good, the one time i was in there. I think the street address is Parnell st.

Cathal Brugha Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 UppThaDubs

Peggy Kelly's,it's in Harolds Cross But on the day of a united match it's something else...still doesn't compare to the real thing but,how and ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Des wrote: »
    Cathal Brugha Street.

Findlater place ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Pro. F wrote: »
    and nobody knows of a dedicated Man Utd pub.

Plenty of them, but to my amazement they're all in Manchester!:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

stovelid wrote: »
    No wai. :p

I'd hope you know what I meant.
    jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Have found that places in Rathgar are the same as well when there is a clash on!

Best pubs to watch footy in my opinion are the Back Gate(as was), Woolshed, Murrays, also Messrs Maguires if you get a good seat!

Brgds
    Johnny

Well most pubs'll show it, I mean, most pubs have more than one telly so it's not the end of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

No wai. :p
    I'd hope you know what I meant.

Yeah :)

Same with my local except it's Gah...

Advertisement