Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a mild deodorant

• 27-10-2009 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭

I recently bought Acqua Di Gio Eau De Toillette and deodorant spray. I like the EDT, but I find that I am unable to use the Acqua Di Gio deodorant as it leaves a burning sensation on my underarms. The deodorant is just too uncomfortable to use.

In the past, I have used Lynx deodorant and I have never experienced this burning senstaion, but I don't want to use Lynx anymore as it would probably overpower the EDT and it doesn't smell great either.

So, can anyone recommend a mild deodorant spray which doesn't smell too strong?

I should also mention that I looked at both Sanex and Mitchum deodorant in the shops, but I decided not to buy either of these as they both contain aluminium which I do not want to use. I do not want to use an anti-perspirant either.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭compsys

I think all of the Dove range of deodorants are great. I've quite sensitive skin and find them amazing. They all leave a really fresh, 'soapy' type smell. Technically, they're more aimed at woman but I couldn't care less. Most of the scents are quite unisex though.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Harpic

Yeah, i had the same problem.I had to change to a milder deodrant that has no alcohol.
    I now use mens Nivea deodrant and it works great for me.Only it does have scent off it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Harpic wrote: »
    Yeah, i had the same problem.I had to change to a milder deodrant that has no alcohol.
    I now use mens Nivea deodrant and it works great for me.Only it does have scent off it

You know the Nivea for Men deodorant range all contain aluminium. They are an anti-perspirant deodoant, which I don't really want to use as I've never had a problem with excessive sweating, so I don't really see the need to use anti-perspirant. It can't be good to clog your sweat glands imo.

I use this.

http://www.bionsen.co.uk/

I get it in Tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

The Simple one is the only one that my skin can stand, it works great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement