Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

access 2000 query help

Options
  • 27-10-2009 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭

hi

i want to do the following.

i want to run one query based on the a input of a search box. this is working.

then i need to run a second query on the results of first query, i need to query the value of a combo box from the first query.

then i want to have a form generated based on the results of the second query.

so query 1 runs and returns results

then i need a second query and if the combo box value is 1 its opens form 1 which is only shows certain fields needed for a value 1 results.

if the 2nd query returns value 2 i need it to open the value 2 form which shows a from with different fields showing.

i have tried macros but i get i cant get it to work right as it ends up opening both forms leaving the first one blank if the result is value 2

also if the first query is not in the database i want it to exit.
    Tagged:

Advertisement