Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyres/Camskill/awesome

• 27-10-2009 5:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

Ordered 2 245/45/18 Avon ZZ3 and 2 255/45/18 Avon ZZ3 off Camskill on Wednesday, and got them on friday. €430.00 delivered :eek:. What a deal. How can Irish retailers compete with that? I used to use Eiretyres.com but even they couldnt come close to Camskill.

Seriously, if you want tyres, esp larger ones, they are the way to go. Top class.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

Have to agree, I got a pair of 225/45/17 Falken ZE 912's for €145, bargain. Ordered them on Friday and they arrived on Monday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

+2.

Excellent service and prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

How are ye fitting them? I've a spare set of 14's (daisies) that I could use on the road, and get something decent for the 15's when the time comes to replace 'em...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ive used them a few times now. Never a problem. Always cheapest. The delivery times to mayo suggest that they are sent from stock already in ireland too as they arrive quickly with small enough delivery costs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

bazz26 wrote: »
    +2.

Excellent service and prices.

bazz26,

Do you mind me asking you where you get them fitted/cost of fitting?

Thinking of ordering four off them myself.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dabry ogill

I use uneedtyres.com they are a northern outfit with a mobile unit in the dublin area. I got 4 PIRELLI's (205/55/16) tyres fitted and balanced at my work for €330. Probably cheaper than going with camskill if you add the cost of fitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

h3000 wrote: »
    bazz26,

Most indy tyre places will fit and balance them for 15-20 quid per tyre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

h3000 wrote: »
    bazz26,

Not at all. I had them fitted by Limerick Tyre Centre, Fenton's Yard in Raheen (opposite Tom Kilroy Motors (Peugeot Dealer). Sound bunch of lads working there. Cost about €30 for fitting, balancing and disposing of the two old tyres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

Hi All, I wonder can you give me some guidance.

I've no idea about tyres, I drive a 525i and the back tyres are size 255/40/ZR17 and the front 235/40/ZR17 should they be the same??

I need to get two new back tyres, I've had a look on camskills and unneedtyres and both seem good value however i'm concerned about brands i'm not familiar with, should I be? The price difference can be crica £50 per tyre in some cases e.g. continental vs Falken/Kumho

Any help appreciated, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Camskill are great i saved 500euro on 4 tyres the last few times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

+3

I recently bought these delivered in 2 days from Camskill for £699.75

285/75R16LT BFG All Terrain

From tyreshop.ie they are Eur 985 delivered.

(plus I got 5 grubby wheels immaculately refurb'd, new tyres fitted and old ones disposed of for 460 at Collins Engineering - can't say enough about Liam there)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭sunshinediver

shaydy wrote: »
    Hi All, I wonder can you give me some guidance.

I've no idea about tyres, I drive a 525i and the back tyres are size 255/40/ZR17 and the front 235/40/ZR17 should they be the same??

Any help appreciated, thanks

On M-sport spec BMWs the back wheels are typically wider than the front. Nothing unusual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

On M-sport spec BMWs the back wheels are typically wider than the front. Nothing unusual.

Thanks, this puts me at ease;)

Any thoughts on the different brands, would you feel comfortable going with a lessor known brand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

I'd stick with Pirelli/bridgestone/yokohama and the like. You don't want to risk close inspection of a lamp post for the sake of a few extra quid per corner.

I've got cheap tyres on one of my cars and it's a death trap. Almost drifted into a barrier coming on to the M50 from Maynooth the other day in the wet. They're coming off. Lesson learned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Buy the best tyres you can afford. Do your research and choose wisely. Generally you get what you pay for. Cheap tyres tend to have a shorter lifespan and quite often are a compromise on safety. Make sure too that tyres are e-marked (for Europe). Tyre compounds vary across the globe and suit different markets and climatic conditions more than others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

shaydy wrote: »
    Thanks, this puts me at ease;)

Any thoughts on the different brands, would you feel comfortable going with a lessor known brand?

will the BM not have those crappy runflats on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 breno58

camskill are by far the cheapest place around gotta love them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Ferris

My tyres just arrived. Delivery in under 24hrs.

240quid for 4 Falken FK452's, another 50 to fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭8vjohn

Ferris wrote: »

What size? I got 4 falken FK452's 225/45/r17 for €348 delivered.
    Another 25 for new valves and fitting and balancing.
    Ordered on Friday and received on Monday.
    The courier said they have no depot in Ireland. They ship them overnight apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

8vjohn wrote: »
    The courier said they have no depot in Ireland. They ship them overnight apparently.

Another ++++1 for Camskill, and the Falken's on my 968. Work very well, no obvious short wear/life yet. Work well in the wet.

Clonboo Tyres in Galway 087 0563300 have a mobile unit - € 15 per wheel fitted, balanced, new valves.

Can't see how that can be beat, tbh.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement

8vjohn wrote: »

205/55/16's so not a difficult size. I read up on the Falkens and they're meant to be good in the wet alright.

I've used them for shocks and brake disks too, great service and really cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I've used them for shocks and brake disks too, great service and really cheap.

....shocks & discs ? crumbs, never thought of asking them !

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    ....shocks & discs ? crumbs, never thought of asking them !

Probably spurious disks but the shocks were KYB. They do certain parts for cars, mostly crappy jap turbo cars like mine :D. Its all on their site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Burkes Tyres on the Tuam road, Galway fitted and balanced my 4 Kumho Ku 31s for €58.

4 very decent tyres all set up for €270 odd (ok the euro/sterling was pretty much the same at the time...) is very nice.

Pretty much the 1st port of call for FTO parts too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Another +++++++++1 for Camskill, 2 Goodyear F1 Asymmetric's for €180 less than Dave McCann's, delivered in less than 48 hours and fitted for €20 a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Kersh wrote: »
    Ordered 2 245/45/18 Avon ZZ3 and 2 255/45/18 Avon ZZ3 off Camskill on Wednesday, and got them on friday. €430.00 delivered :eek:. What a deal. How can Irish retailers compete with that? I used to use Eiretyres.com but even they couldnt come close to Camskill.

Seriously, if you want tyres, esp larger ones, they are the way to go. Top class.

They can't compete with that. That's why a lot of them are refusing to fit any tyres they don't supply:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

They can't compete with that. That's why a lot of them are refusing to fit any tyres they don't supply

Rhetorical question :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Got mine fitted, balanced for €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Kersh wrote: »
    Rhetorical question :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Got mine fitted, balanced for €50.

I know, that wasn't aimed at you Kersh;)

It was aimed at the majority of Galway tyre-fitters that won't fit tyres they don't supply, and they try fill you with some sh1te that they're not allowed by law:rolleyes:

For the record, I got 4 Falken FK 452's (2x225/45/18 and 2x245/45/18) for my 200sx, delivered for €380 in less than 48 hours from Camskill. Excellent service, will never buy tyres from a local supplier again......

....... Because the same tyres from a well known tyre fitter in Galway, and they were trying to charge me €1,080. Yep, that's not a typo either:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

Coolio, I too got an 'irish' quote of €1200 for my tyres. I asked could he do any better, and he said no.

Tough sh1t for them I say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Does anyone know any tyre fitter in the west Dublin area (Lucan/Tallaght/Clondalkin) that will fit Camskill's stuff? You can PM me the name, I don't want to be breaking the charter and have the mods on our case for dishing out names over the net publicly.

I was going to go up to Belfast and get my rear runflats (Continental 225/45/R17 SSR) changed but if I can get them changed down here, all the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

TomMc wrote: »

Thank you very much! Found one literally around the corner. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I'm not sure how reliable that eiretyres list is?

I used this crowd to fit tyres I bought from Camskill recently

http://www.dialatyre.ie/

Failing that, the guy on Mill St in Maynooth did them for me the previous time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭aristo

eiretyres.ie have a list of shops that will fit and balance the tyres with prices up too :D

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    I used this crowd to fit tyres I bought from Camskill recently

http://www.dialatyre.ie/

Failing that, the guy on Mill St in Maynooth did them for me the previous time.

Even better! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 breno228

Heroditas wrote: »
    Does anyone know any tyre fitter in the west Dublin area (Lucan/Tallaght/Clondalkin) that will fit Camskill's stuff? You can PM me the name, I don't want to be breaking the charter and have the mods on our case for dishing out names over the net publicly.

I was going to go up to Belfast and get my rear runflats (Continental 225/45/R17 SSR) changed but if I can get them changed down here, all the better.

try carfit in clondalkin there across from the big an post depot there, i got a tyre fitted there recently for 5 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Just had Vredestein Sportracs delivered. Confey Tyres in Leixlip fitted, balanced, valves & disposal for €10 each - nice bunch of lads & happy to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

tossy wrote: »
    Camskill are great i saved 500euro on 4 tyres the last few times.

me too...the best out there so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Pirelli P6000 £63.81stg. + delivery(+fitting) at Camskill

€65 (euro) FITTED at Tyrestop Dock road Limerick

265/65 R17 Gt radials almost €40 each cheaper at Tyresstop

My local garage will match or beat Camskill, Presently pricing for 4 vehicles (16 tyres)

snowman707 wrote: »
    Pirelli P6000 £63.81stg. + delivery(+fitting) at Camskill

€65 (euro) FITTED at Tyrestop Dock road Limerick

265/65 R17 Gt radials almost €40 each cheaper at Tyresstop

My local garage will match or beat Camskill, Presently pricing for 4 vehicles (16 tyres)

I wouldn't put P6000's on my car if I got them for free, terrible tyres.

Fair play for getting cheap boots but you are buying 16 tyres so they are priced accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

Hey,

Looking to get new tyres for my car (195/60/15 All season), a top of the range one such as goodyear etc from Camskill. Can anybody suggest a tyre for me.

Have looked up reviews online for tyres from Camskill and there have been mixed reviews particularly on Pirellis. Would appreciate anybodies recommendations for all weather tyres please in around £50-£70 per tyre mark.

Thanks

Adrian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭Yarnhall

Anyone have any experiance with Dunlop/Bridgestone runflats (wear, noise etc.), need to get 4 new 225/50/17 98Y, one of the local tyre places it just as cheap as camskill for Pirelli pzero rossos'. Looking for all weather ones. Nearly 40K km's one the current set lol (getting to the thread notch now).

Either that or get a spare rim & jack and get standard tyres.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

E39MSport wrote: »
    +3

I recently bought these delivered in 2 days from Camskill for £699.75

285/75R16LT BFG All Terrain

From tyreshop.ie they are Eur 985 delivered.

(plus I got 5 grubby wheels immaculately refurb'd, new tyres fitted and old ones disposed of for 460 at Collins Engineering - can't say enough about Liam there)

Thats a big tyre. What are you putting them on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

sorry to drag this up folks, does any body know a mobile fitter around dublin ? i'm a bit short on time and could do we getting my 4 tyres done during the day at the house ?

If not any where around the south side that will fit from camskill ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Dial-A-Tyre might need a bit of notice, but they were able to do my latest set of tyres in the Leopardstown/Sandyford area. €20 per corner (fitting, balancing, disposal)

If time is tight, I was in Square Fit in Tallaght last week and they were advertising fitting of 3rd part tyres for €25 per corner.

There is also a place mentioned near the Maxol station in Sandyford, but I've never used them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I got triangles 235/45/17 for 70 euro each. Are they any good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Dial-A-Tyre might need a bit of notice, but they were able to do my latest set of tyres in the Leopardstown/Sandyford area. €20 per corner (fitting, balancing, disposal)

If time is tight, I was in Square Fit in Tallaght last week and they were advertising fitting of 3rd part tyres for €25 per corner.

There is also a place mentioned near the Maxol station in Sandyford, but I've never used them.

You hardly have a number for DaT ? seems there webby is gone :(

edit - found it , interwebs power

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

malcox wrote: »

From what Ive heard, No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭aristo

malcox wrote: »

I had these tyres on my car when i bought it (18"), they were new, and they are a complete disaster, light braking on a wet road and the car just slid like it was on ice, taking off car would fish tale everywhere, terrible road noise from them, you will not stop a car with these tyres, i cant understand how they meet any safety standards.
    The car becomes totally unpredictable with these tyres, i had to get a new front end as they just turn into ski's in the wet with the least braking effort, i put pirelli p zero rosso's on instead which i got 90% thread for €40 a corner fitted, unreal difference, definately avoid triangles if your car has any power,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Thanks for that lads ill get rid of them, where did you get the pirellis they are nearly 180 a corner new. I have them on a audi i have allrite. The passat seems to devour front tires. Tracking and all is spot on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement