Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyres/Camskill/awesome

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭aristo

malcox wrote: »
    Thanks for that lads ill get rid of them, where did you get the pirellis they are nearly 180 a corner new. I have them on a audi i have allrite. The passat seems to devour front tires. Tracking and all is spot on.

Neighbour does road side recovery and the car was crashed and wrote off, wheels and tyres were part of the salvage bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I ordered 4 BMW MV2 alloys with tyres and delivery for €530 from Ebay! I went to a local major tyre seller & fitter & was told we wont fit them for you unless you buy them from us! So i went down to a little tyre shop and they did they job of taking old wheels off and putting new ones on! I could have done it myself but it would have been alot of effort to jack car up 4 times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Anyone know if Camskill can order in tyres? They don't have Michelins in the sizes I need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Anyone know if Camskill can order in tyres? They don't have Michelins in the sizes I need.

It says on their website to contact them if they don't have your size. Worth dropping them an email anyway:

http://www.camskill.co.uk/contact.php

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Looking to get some tyres for 2005 Saab 93 Vector (225/45/17)

Any one recomend a brand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

godtabh wrote: »
    Looking to get some tyres for 2005 Saab 93 Vector (225/45/17)

Any one recomend a brand?

Have a read of this:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/total_tyre_guide/213177/tyre_test.html

Most of those are expensive tyres, if you want something cheaper I find Toyos & Kumhos are good tyres for the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

They could tell me when my original choice would be in, but I couldnt wait that long ( I got avons off them), so they must get scheduled deliveries, and in these times, I would say they would have no problem getting tyres in for business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

hi all
    looking to get tyres from camskill for my 04 mg zs

205/45/r17

was looking at the federal ss595

and the falken ze192

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m54b0s457p0

what do ye think??

paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

malcox wrote: »
    The passat seems to devour front tires. Tracking and all is spot on.

Id be wary of many of the independant tyre places doing anything with modern vw/audi tracking. Some models have a front suspension setup which requires toe adjustment with the car sitting on its wheels(as is usual) and then a further adjustment with the front raised a certain amount. This raised toe adjustment is not set on the trackrod. It is only possible on the main dealer machine & some of the main dealers are still not checking this tbh. Certainly worth a check if having trouble.
    What year passat is it? I can check to see if this procedure is required for it?
    Also the current model passat is now fitted with reinforced tyres from factory whereas the early versions of current model were not & these did appear to eat tyres alot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

mickdw wrote: »
    Id be wary of many of the independant tyre places doing anything with modern vw/audi tracking. Some models have a front suspension setup which requires toe adjustment with the car sitting on its wheels(as is usual) and then a further adjustment with the front raised a certain amount. This raised toe adjustment is not set on the trackrod. It is only possible on the main dealer machine & some of the main dealers are still not checking this tbh. Certainly worth a check if having trouble.
    What year passat is it? I can check to see if this procedure is required for it?
    Also the current model passat is now fitted with reinforced tyres from factory whereas the early versions of current model were not & these did appear to eat tyres alot.

Thanks mick its a 07 diesel. Has the new one run flats so?? It must be like driving an ass and cart, if i drive over a matchstick i get a rivit up my back....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

No, not runflats just a reinforced rating for heavier loadings. Will look into the wheel alignment procedure for ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

The new Michelin PS3's are supposed to be an incredible all round tyre. They were only released in January. Apparently fantastic in the wet, as well as dry conditions. Pricey mind.
    hi all
    looking to get tyres from camskill for my 04 mg zs
    205/45/r17
    was looking at the federal ss595

and the falken ze192
    http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m54b0s457p0
    what do ye think??
    paul

I'd go for the Falkens if I were you.

I'm ordering two new front tyres tonight from Camskill (http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m61b0s134p6214)as the front Potenzas I have are quite bald, and I'm NCTing the car for its first time this Saturday!!

I'm going for the Falken FK452's. My mate has an Astra OPC and has had 4 on his for the past year or so. Rates them highly, and they are fantastic value for the money. I'm very wary about what rubber I want to put under the GTI, and these seem to tick a lot of boxes right now (I'd go for PS3's only money is a little tight having just got the car and not sold my own yet).

I was going to go for the Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas, as they are getting fantastic reviews from a lot of users, but are out of stock for another few weeks unfortunately. Think I'll put 2 Falkens on the front this time, so in about 18 months or so I'll take them off as well as the Potenzas on the back. Might go for 4 Vreds then.

I've been doing a lot of research over the last few days, I'd recommend having a look at this site.....
    http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/

in particular, this user review ratings grid.....
    http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Grid/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

thanks fizman. ill order 4 of them up. thanks alot.

paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Guys - buying tyres from Camskills next week but have one question - do you not also need to get the tracking done when you get the new boots fitted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

I just puchased some toyo's off camskill there and i've saved at least 100blips on the pair,there quick on delivery too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Depends on the tyre indys here are often cheaper than camskill or eiretyres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Thanks Camskill for your cheap prices........ was into my local garage yesterday asked my man Jimmy how much would he charge me to fit and balance tyres if I supply them myself, he told me maybe a fiver I said I'd give you €10. I then told him I can get the same tyres (Nankang NSII 205/55/R16) I get from him for €50 each delivered to my door. He normally charges me €80 incl fitting. He understood how we all have to try and save as much as possible these days.

Best Bit

He called looking for me this morning, I missed the call so called him back. He told me he had been talking to his suppliers and he can now get me the tyres for €60 (€50 purchase price and €10 for fitting)

Amazing isn't it ??;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Anyone can recommend good tyres 18inch for VW Passat 03 tdi? Not expensive but not the one which you have to change after half year.

Advertisement