Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackstar HT-5 + Boss ME-70

• 27-10-2009 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi guys

Just uploaded a video to youtube showing the Blackstar HT-5 combo and Boss ME-70 together. I bought this amp a couple of weeks ago and when I was researching couldn't find any vids on how it sounded with a multi-fx.
    Don't know if anyone else is in the same boat, but, if so maybe this vid will help you decide.

For what its worth, I love the amp. This vid ain't a showcase of my playing skills (that's for sure!), just to give a few examples of the amp models etc.

Hope you find it useful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43SNEAJqWEM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Im considering a blackstar amp when im changing again. Played a few in X music, great amps, but I feel i will need to take out a morgage to pay for it! Still id say in a few years they will move their factory to china and the quality control will go with it:rolleyes:

The ME70 sounds ok. I have an ME50 and i dont really use it any more. went back to stomp boxes as im not really an effects junkie. How much was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Chuffola

The Blackstar was £269 in Belfast (are you sure you're not thinking of Blackheart amps?!). Certainly not 2nd mortgage territory. Blackstar do make more expensive amps (series one etc.) but these HT-5s are a steal. Highly recommended.

The ME-70, I think, is a bit better all round than the ME-50 - less distortions but I think they've picked the best ones. The overdrive/ distortion section is definitely the weakest part of it but the modulations, delays (with looper) and compression are great. Amp models are nice to have but I don't really use them much. It cost me £200 - separate stompboxes are definitely better but £200 for so many usable effects is really excellent value. Doesn't seem to suck the tone from your guitar either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Blackheart 5w is even cheaper btw :) I think I paid 170 Euro delivered for the head... I have (and love) both and the Blackstar is definately worth the extra cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Chuffola wrote: »
    The Blackstar was £269 in Belfast (are you sure you're not thinking of Blackheart amps?!). Certainly not 2nd mortgage territory. Blackstar do make more expensive amps (series one etc.) but these HT-5s are a steal. Highly recommended.

this is the girl i want :D

Yea, those Artisans are niiiiice. However, with a wife, 2 kids and a semi-detached I'm pretty sure I'd be arrested and/or divorced. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

€1600 for an Artisan now? I may be wrong (I'll need to check my old notebook [don't ask!]) but I remember them being in the €1200 to €1400 bracket a year ago, back when Musician was still Musician...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭thegom145

I have the HT-5 Mini stack, I love this amp, really can't recommend it enough. Got mine in xmusic for 500 euro, which is 100 cheaper than on thomann. I use a boss gt-10 plugged straight into the input channel, and a beat-up old esp mh100, and it sounds fantastic despite the guitar being a bit ****e (am getting a lovely gibson les paul in the next week to replace it).

I love the tones you're getting out of your me-70 there, I'm very lazy when it comes to my gt-10 and should really learn to use the damn thing properly instead of leaving it on the van halen preset 90% of the time! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

this is the girl i want :D

:confused: Thats not a girl.

I have the HT5 combo and I have to say that I cant get a tight metal distortion out of it. Would an overdrive boost it to doing this do you reckon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭freshcream

I bought one of these about 2 months ago very nice amp, I paid 270 euro for it in my local store, well worth it.

I put a fuzz pedal through it with the gain on full and the american setting on full for a metal tone. I was using a dean razorback in a horrible lime green and black stripey colour, actually it may have been a dimebag model cause it had a dimebag hb in it, sounded metal to me,but then again I don't like alot of metal, worked for warpigs though.

freshcream wrote: »
    I put a fuzz pedal through it with the gain on full and the american setting on full for a metal tone. I was using a dean razorback in a horrible lime green and black stripey colour, actually it may have been a dimebag model cause it had a dimebag hb in it, sounded metal to me,but then again I don't like alot of metal, worked for warpigs though.

Im talking about without a distortion pedal.

• Advertisement

What guitar/ pickups are you using?

My strat can't get a metal sound but I have a Peavey JF1 (335-alike) with humbuckers that gets great classic rock to metal tones.

Mind you, I'm trying to sell the Peavey to fund a Telecaster purchase... but then, I'm not a huge metal fan anyway.

What guitar/ pickups are you using?

My strat can't get a metal sound but I have a Peavey JF1 (335-alike) with humbuckers that gets great classic rock to metal tones.

Mind you, I'm trying to sell the Peavey to fund a Telecaster purchase... but then, I'm not a huge metal fan anyway.

Im using a schecter helraiser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭bat boy

Where in belfast was that? Really interested in getting the ht5 combo.

freshcream wrote: »
    I bought one of these about 2 months ago very nice amp, I paid 270 euro for it in my local store, well worth it.

Was that price second hand? If not tell me where the shop is cos thats a deadly deal.

That price was in Belfast Guitar Emporium. Not sure what price they are selling at now, but are £299 in Dawsons/ Belfast Music Supplies I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

bat boy wrote: »
    Was that price second hand? If not tell me where the shop is cos thats a deadly deal.

Sounds like a used price. Retail @ €400 new everywhere. Which is a little bit expensive. One on adverts now for €250.

Hmmm price seems to have gone up very recently but combo still £319.

http://www.dawsons.co.uk/acatalog/Blackstar_Guitar_Amps.html

I'd call the Belfast Guitar Emporium - they had them £30 less than everywhere else when I got mine.

Hmmm price seems to have gone up very recently but combo still £319.

http://www.dawsons.co.uk/acatalog/Blackstar_Guitar_Amps.html

I'd call the Belfast Guitar Emporium - they had them £30 less than everywhere else when I got mine.

Is the Belfast Guitar Emporium still open? Their website is gone and number doesn't seem to be working.

Website never was more than a picture with contact details to be honest. I was in the store 2 Saturdays ago so it was definitely open then. Seems strange that there's no answer on phone though. Would have expected to hear on the grapevine if it had disappeared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Website never was more than a picture with contact details to be honest. I was in the store 2 Saturdays ago so it was definitely open then. Seems strange that there's no answer on phone though. Would have expected to hear on the grapevine if it had disappeared.

Maybe the phone is fecked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement