Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipod nano

• 27-10-2009 5:22pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy an ipod nano but everywhere I've checked seems to be out of stock. None of the Dublin Argos stores have any. Are these ipods being done away with for a new nano or have I just had bad luck with where I've tried? I don't want to find one and then discover there's a new nano being released a week later or something?!!:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

The current ipod nano was only released last month. Hope this eases your fears.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Cheers! I was looking up the old ones in the argos catalogue but all the new ones are in stock, hooray. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Bought mine in HMV, is there a HMV in your town?

You can buy a half price clock radio with ipod socket if you wish
    I was on the lookout for one so that's why I bought there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

I got the the new 5th generation nano 16gb in Newry Argos for £135.
    It's a lovely wee piece of kit and the addition of the radio is the reason I went for it. The live pause and rewind on the radio is a nice addition, as is the song tabbing where you press the center button during a song, then afterwards connect to itunes and it locates that song and gives you the option to buy.

The video camera is good but I have had better on some camera phones. All the extras like film grain, x-ray effects for the video are a fun addition. The one fault I find with it is the location of the lens as my hands are big and my fingers tend to get in the way. The nano is tiny so my grip on it is large.

There are some games on it too which i've had fun with. I haven't bothered with the pedometer or the contacts list and some of the other extras.

The speaker is ok if you want to let someone hear something without using the earphone, otherwise the quality of sound output on the speaker wouldn't be great.

So far I am very happy with the new nano.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 miglytia

hey ;)

i dont know if this is the right place to ask and it might be a stupid question but... hope i get the answer :rolleyes: how do you put the songs on your ipod nano?? is it necessary to buy them from itunes? what about the songs i have on my computer and want to get them on the ipod?
    P.S. dont have an ipod yet so cant try ;/

cheers ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

You can put any MP3s on it you have, they do not have to be purchased from iTunes.

There are some Microsoft formats iPods do not support like WMA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tessolicious

does anyone no where i can get good quality speakers for the new nano. or can u buy a lead to plug into stereo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Depends on whether or not your stereo has an "Aux" input, which could come in the form of a 3.5mm male-to-male cable which you would plug in the front :
    3-5mm_mtomcable.jpg

or a 3.5mm to RCA cable which you would probably plug in at the back :
    image.jpg

Both of these cables can be bought on the net for about €3. Maplin's probably sell them too, and I know Tesco Extras sometimes have them.

If you want to buy a dedicated iPod dock I would recommend the Klipsch iGroove

klipsch%20igroove.jpg

Pretty expensive, but Amazon UK have the silver version for half price (£70) right now...

Speakers are generally better than iPod docks, but that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tessolicious

:)nice one for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭twincamman

how do i tune a nano ipod into the radio .i just want to listen to music as i drive along.do i have to buy more wire and cables when i buy the nano:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭gerrycorrigan

Just got my 1st ipod last week - a nano. All of this is new to me. Would appreciate if anyonecould enlighten me regarding deleting songs/albums that I have put on my ipod.

Thanks in advance.....

twincamman wrote: »
    how do i tune a nano ipod into the radio .i just want to listen to music as i drive along.do i have to buy more wire and cables when i buy the nano:confused:

You will need an FM transmitter like a Griffin iTrip or Belkin Tunecast, unless your stereos has AUX input on the front in which case you'll need a 3.5mm male to male cable like I showed earlier.
    Just got my 1st ipod last week - a nano. All of this is new to me. Would appreciate if anyonecould enlighten me regarding deleting songs/albums that I have put on my ipod.

Thanks in advance.....

Find the songs that you don't want on your iPod in your iTunes library, and untick the boxes to the left of their name. Then, when you connect your iPod, go to the "Summary" tab in the screen that appears when you select your iPod's name in iTunes, and chose "Sync only checked songs and videos". Then resync your iPod and the songs should be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭gerrycorrigan

Baza, thanks for the reply. So are you saying that any time I want to add new songs or delete songs already on ipod I, in effect, wipe everything and add all the items (including the new items, or as the case may be, excluding the ones I want to delete) again - but it all happens with the one movement - the 'resyncing'
    Thanks in advance...

Resyncing doesn't delete everything, it just checks what is and isn't on the iPod and what you have checked in your iTunes library. If you add some new songs to your library they will be automatically copied across the next time you plug in your iPod, and it won't delete any songs from your iPod unless you have unticked them in iTunes.

Advertisement