Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christian "Moderator" 2

Options
  • 27-10-2009 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭

I am restarting this thread because BuffyBot closed the last one with a post in which he/she seemed to get entirely the wrong end of the stick. Here it is here:
    BuffyBot wrote:
    No I don't. And one persons "serious and thoughtful posts" are anothers trolling. In this case I don't believe the attitude you are bringing into that forum is constructive.

You may not like it, but the forum has a specific use. Questioning is fine, but it should be done in a respectful and constructive manner - something you haven't been doing. Hence my suggestion that if you can't keep the social norms of that forum, it may be best not to visit it.

Anyway: to sum up - I see no reason to overrule PDN's desicion in this case.

My thread on feedback was not made for contesting the original warning I got from PDN, it was contesting PDNs general moderating attitude as shown by the dissent of the PM conversation into bullying and insults (not, in that case, the starting point).
    Now you have claimed that I have not been questioning in a respectful and constructive manner, but I would like you to point out where in all the christian threads that I have posted in that I been destructive and disrespectful enough to warrent PDNs bullying and insult. Because ,as I said in my response to PDN that didn't seem to get approved,I post in many forums in the exact same manner as I do in the christian forum: with a view of having discussions to dissern truths and crass and disruptive conduct is obviously counter productive to that end. Either the mods of all the other forums I frequent simply have failed to see that I dont question in a respectful and constructive manner (for nearly 1300 posts) or I do question respectfully and constructively.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement