Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais v ESB

Options
  • 27-10-2009 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I no this prob sounds like a silly question. I recently changed over to Bord Gais for my electric Supply forgetting that my account was due to be credited the €300 i paid for setting up the account with ESB.
    I have cancelled my account with Bord Gais but ESB say i have to wait 20 days after the cancellation to re-actaiveate my account with them.
    If there is a 1-2 day delay from my final bill say Nov 10 to the date i re-sign with ESB say Nov 12. Would i still have power.

I no they take an estitamte reading so i should be ok correct ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Fnergg

There will be no disconnection of your supply. The 20 day period quoted by the ESB is the standard industry delay period for changing suppliers: it allows the previous supplier time to object to the switch if it so wishes (this never happens in actuality but there has to be provision for it in the industry rules). Your electricity supply will not be affected.

Regards,

Fnergg

Advertisement