Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget shuttle

Options
  • 27-10-2009 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

I am interested in maybe doing a little cheap shuttle build (is cheap even possible?), 500 euros, for light gaming general use

Are they loud noisy little things? Could I squeeze a 4670 and an AMD quad chip inside one?

Any good sites for shuttles?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Only one I can think of is the XPC SA76G2 and its pretty expensive, probably €300+ in the US. Over here... there's a bit of a mark-up:

Fail271009.png

Most non-Shuttle shuttles are about three times the size. Although they're heaps better and cheaper :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

I mean they do exist on German ebay etc, ones with q9550's and 4870's..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

jonny72 wrote: »
    I mean they do exist on German ebay etc, ones with q9550's and 4870's..

It would be a bit of an oven with gear like that in it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Deano12345 wrote: »
    It would be a bit of an oven with gear like that in it

*Thinks about the i7 Shuttles and whistles away to himself quietly*

HWVS mostly have various LGA775 Shuttles, only a couple of AM2 models which I've dubbed Old and Older for obvious reasons :D Only the €235 one could even hope to have a BIOS update for AM3 chips and seeing as its an old nVidia chipset in there I'd doubt it :o

Advertisement