Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Akuma's Fight Style - How?

• 27-10-2009 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hey lads! I've been using the demon for a while now but sadly, my win/loss ratio is much in favour of loss so I'm clearly using him wrong.

I'm aware of only 2 setups and they're both full screen. Wait for hadouken and EX demon flip or throw hadouken, he jumps forward and catch him with ultra.

The frustrating thing now though is that when I go in for a combo, the other guy is usually crouching so when I go for the cr. MK, LK tatsu, the tatsu whiffs and I'm wide open so how can I set up that combo?

What I'm asking really is whats the best way to use Akuma because everyone tells me he's brilliant but I do f all with him most of the time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Well first off watch all of the videos in this playlist.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lordofultima#g/c/D3A36AD82A61CDFC

Ok should of actually tried writing something also, no point editing my previous reply.

I'm nowhere near as proficient with Akuma as I'd like to be but the key thing to remember with Akuma is that you ALWAYS have options. Imo he has the best moveset in the game. I'd imagine there would be a lot more Akuma players if his stun rating and health weren't so low.

When you are going in for a combo why are you using crouching MK? Standing HP is much better as it forces them to stand up afair. Also, it's better to hit confirm with a few jabs rather than just go right into the LK tatsu, if you're jabs are blocked, go right into c.MK~QCF HP (hadu) to get some distance between you and your opponent so they can't sweep. Every now and again throw in a grab after your jabs to mix it up, a LK demon flip is also an option after the jabs as it's throw is untechable

Learn to use the demon flip. It's Akumas best tool.

His super is really easy to land, but I never use it personally. I'd prefer to keep the meter for other things.

There are loads of ways to land the Ultra also, most of the ones I use are NOT SAFE, but I like them in casuals mainly for the "WTF just happened?" effect. You can demon right out of an aggressive TP, and it will land if your opponent tries to use any medium or hard attack, however if they are expecting it a simple jab will break it, and you will be punished.

Do you have the PC version of SFIV? If so we could go a few rounds in some casuals and I could show you what I'm talking about.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

My advice to anyone who starts a thread saying ''I'm always losing" is always the same:

Learn the bread and butter first. Get it down pat and automatic. Then the big stuff will come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,738 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You forgot: learn to zone, and understand how hitboxes work.

I think I feel another important thread coming up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Screw learning hitboxes and frame data.

It's a game to be enjoyed, not a physics test!

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You forgot: learn to zone, and understand how hitboxes work.

I think I feel another important thread coming up...

I'd argue you have to get the feel of a character before you start going into that stuff.

You can't zone til you're quick and precise with your execution and loose enough to pull stuff off on the spur of the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

L31mr0d: TP? Teleport?

I do have a problem with zoning, I know that but that will only come naturally through trial and error and I'm not really a mid or long distance fighter, I like to get in close but I'll definitely need to get better at them as to improve my chances against someone like Gief or Abel.

Thanks for that tip on the standing fierce L31mr0d :), I'll try that. I often do go for hit confirm but its hard to link the standing fierce after the jabs.

Try and get used to throwing air fireballs at weird, akward angles and not just at apex is a good one .

Leprekaun wrote: »
    L31mr0d: TP? Teleport?

The best way to get Akumas Demon out right after a Teleport (TP) is to make use of 1 of his short cuts.

Basically when you initiate the TP mash PPP while in transit :D, when Akuma stops mash out b~bd + PPP + LK. Due to the really relaxed inputs in SFIV this will make the Ultra demon come out, for the super just change it to f~fd instead (will only work if you stop right next to your opponent)

Note: THIS IS NOT SAFE. In serious matches you should never really use it.

A really easy way to land the super is off a whiffed demon flip. Use the demon flip put press any punch as you leave the ground to whiff the hammer fist, input the super so that it comes out the instance you land. If you know your distances you should land right next to your opponent, they will probably be blocking expecting a block string, in which case the Super will land as it has the same priority as a grab. Like I said I never use it though because it will eat up all your meter and doesn't really do a lot of damage (unless its a mirror match or against Seth)
    Try and get used to throwing air fireballs at weird, akward angles and not just at apex is a good one .

yeah this works. There is a very good one to use but I still haven't mastered it, it's throwing out a lp air fireball on crossup the instance you leave the ground. You'll see a lot of high level Akumas using it from time to time instead of a jump in mk or lk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Step 1. Teleport away
    Step 2. Fireball
    Step 3. Repeat steps 1 & 2

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,738 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

The frustrating thing now though is that when I go in for a combo, the other guy is usually crouching so when I go for the cr. MK, LK tatsu, the tatsu whiffs and I'm wide open so how can I set up that combo?

Right best way to hit that is wait for it basically, like if the other guy does a Srk and it missed you walk up and do the combo..

Or you should more often try the standing harkick to cr.lp, tatsu, then srk, it wont wiff because if the hardkick doesnt hit you know its not gonna work so your not gonna wiff, sorted you can try somthing else

Plus you shouldnt always try that combo Akuma has some other good combos ill tell if ya wana know ;) lol

on a further note dont rely on the Ultra that much, its like a 50 - 50 chance on hitting it on a jump in, and the majority of the time you will get hit outta it.

Best way to hit it is with a FA > Ultra. sorted :D

If you wana get close up to the other guy, throw an air fireball while jumping in, there first instinct is to crouch block, you can walk up and grab easily while the fireball is blocked.
    Or you could do the same thing but more aggressive, throw an air fireball in, then link some stuff up, for an exapmle this is what I do, ( Air fireball, medium demon flip, cr.lk, cr.lp. cr.mp. fireball, FADC repeat 1 more time just leave out the demon flip and air ball)

Or you could do a hardkick after the FADC if the player isn't expecting the FADC the hard kick will hit then link off into HK, cr.lp. light tatsu, Srk... sorted!

Theres many many things akuma can do to get stuck in there and be aggressive, basically its what he was built for just gotta know how.. Practise makes perfect!

Throw out Akuma's over head early in the match. That'll put an end to his nefarious ducking ways.

Advertisement