Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clan Wars sponsored by Caged Steel-Aired on sky tv

• 27-10-2009 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

download?mid=1%5f2121217%5fANpv%2fNgAAVgWSucYDgkdxVU6D40&pid=5&fid=Inbox&inline=1

CLAN WARS 3
    TRIBAL GATHERING

ISKA WELTERWEIGHT SEMI-FINALS

Hello everyone,

Since my last post we have been working extremely hard promoting Clan Wars and have some very big announcements
    To make about the progression of the ISKA Clan Wars show in regards to quality and professionalism.

We firmly believe with these new additions to the show, Irish talent is going to be seen and recognised for bigger shows in the UK and Europe .
    The ISKA run some of the top shows and as Irish ISKA competitors - fighter’s talent will be show cased and will have the chance to progress!

To show case Irish MMA we have made some excellent contacts on our trips to the ISKA English shows.

Now onboard with Clan Wars events we have -

P4TV Sports Network -

P4TV are at the forefront of the top UK MMA shows which are hosted on their Number one UK Internet Martial Arts Channel.
    They cover all the big shows such as the Muay Thai Rumble at the Reebok, Caged Gladiators, Fight Ikon, Gladiator School, Cage Conflict to name a few.
    They bring a top professional rig with live mixing feed, live commentary for the sports channel and the DVDs,
    2 different camera angles, full lighting rig, professional technicians -
    there filming and promotional work is very similar to that of Cage Rage.

download?mid=1%5f2121217%5fANpv%2fNgAAVgWSucYDgkdxVU6D40&pid=6&fid=Inbox&inline=1

P4P Event Photography -

These guys are professional sports photographers, who cover some of the UK 's biggest shows,
    they are involved with the photography of Mike Tyson on his UK visit. They take fantastic action shots!

They also have a unique system were they are able to print out professional action shots of the fights on the night as they have a state of the art printing system. This is the perfect way for you, your team, friends and family to get some of the best action photos available from a professional photographer Sean Keating. The Pictures are a bargain at £5 and come in a photographer’s photo holder.

download?mid=1%5f2121217%5fANpv%2fNgAAVgWSucYDgkdxVU6D40&pid=7&fid=Inbox&inline=1

Clan Wars Main sponsors -

Well if you’re into MMA and don’t know who Caged Steel are then there’s something badly wrong!!
    Caged Steel is one of the UK 's top MMA clothing and equipment suppliers and we are
    Excited to announce them as one of the new Top Clan Wars MMA sponsors!

Caged Steel will be providing the Clan Wars ISKA approved gloves - 4oz for the Pro fighters and 8oz for the C&D Class fights -

we are glad to have all fighters onboard and as an extra thank you all competitors will be able to keep their gloves after the event!

We may have another surprise up our sleeves for the competitors so watch this space!

download?mid=1%5f2121217%5fANpv%2fNgAAVgWSucYDgkdxVU6D40&pid=8&fid=Inbox&inline=1

WWW.COMPLETEGYMSNUTRITION.COM

Complete gyms have been with Clan Wars since their first ISKA event and are back once again as one of the top sponsors along with Caged Steel.

Complete Gyms are at the forefront of top branded supplements helping many gyms and sports team with their supplementation at discounted affordable prices.
    Complete gyms nutrition will have a stall on the night with highly discounted supplements - they will be giving 15% off all top sports brands which is a fantastic deal!

download?mid=1%5f2121217%5fANpv%2fNgAAVgWSucYDgkdxVU6D40&pid=9&fid=Inbox&inline=1

TATTOOS BY SNOOPY GLENGORMLEY

We are pleased to announce award winning tattooist Snoopy as a sponsor of Clan Wars!
    Snoopy is an award winning tattooist and works out of his studio in Glengormley, I highly recommend him
    and his team to anyone looking for top quality tattoos. You need to book early though as there is a long waiting list
    off customers looking to get tattooed by one of the best in the UK and Ireland ! You can also find his logo on the IFS
    Fight team hoodies and the IFS new hoodies that will go on sale soon!

download?mid=1%5f2121217%5fANpv%2fNgAAVgWSucYDgkdxVU6D40&pid=10&fid=Inbox&inline=1

Also the official IFSNI stall with IFS club merchandise, including the highly sought after hoodies and t-shirts!
    download?mid=1%5f2121217%5fANpv%2fNgAAVgWSucYDgkdxVU6D40&pid=11&fid=Inbox&inline=1

CONFIRMED FIGHT CARD SO FAR - A FEW FIGHTS I AM WAITING FOR CONFIRMATION ON
    CLAN WARS III
    TRIBAL GATHERING
    FRIDAY FEB 12th 2010

PRO WELTERWEIGHT 77 Kg ISKA SEMI FINALS

download?mid=1%5f2121217%5fANpv%2fNgAAVgWSucYDgkdxVU6D40&pid=12&fid=Inbox&inline=1download?mid=1%5f2121217%5fANpv%2fNgAAVgWSucYDgkdxVU6D40&pid=13&fid=Inbox&inline=1

download?mid=1%5f2121217%5fANpv%2fNgAAVgWSucYDgkdxVU6D40&pid=14&fid=Inbox&inline=1download?mid=1%5f2121217%5fANpv%2fNgAAVgWSucYDgkdxVU6D40&pid=15&fid=Inbox&inline=1

PRO LIGHTWEIGHT 70 Kg BOUT

download?mid=1%5f2121217%5fANpv%2fNgAAVgWSucYDgkdxVU6D40&pid=16&fid=Inbox&inline=1download?mid=1%5f2121217%5fANpv%2fNgAAVgWSucYDgkdxVU6D40&pid=17&fid=Inbox&inline=1

C CLASS MIDDLEWEIGHT 84 Kg BOUT
    Karl Bruins (Elite MA) 2-1 v Dave Sloan (Salford Fight Factory) 1-1

C CLASS 90 Kg CATCH WEIGHT BOUT

Kenny Bishop (IFS) Debut v Gareth Loughran 1-0 (Sudden Impact) TBC

C CLASS 90 Kg CATCH WEIGHT BOUT

Jimmy Ward (IMMA) 0-2 v John Man (Salford FF) 0-1

C CLASS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT 93 Kg

Coly Mc Cann (Elite MA) 2-1 v Andy Bell (Juku Ryu JJ) 2-0

C CLASS 73KG CATCH WEIGHT BOUT

Eoin Wilson (Frames Tai Jutsu) 0-1 (DQ) v TBC

C Class Featherweight 66kg

Anthony Mc Graph (PHK) v Andy Green (Salford FF)

INTERVAL

C CLASS FEATHERWEIGHT 66Kg BOUT

Yanick Mc Gee (Elite MA) 2-1 v Andy Young (Frames Tai Jutsu) 0-1

C CLASS LIGHTWEIGHT 70 Kg BOUT

Adam Kemp (Frames Tai Jutsu) 1-0 v TBC

C CLASS FEATHERWEIGHT 66 KG BOUT

Chris O’Hare (Elite Martial Arts) 1-0 v Aaron Devlin (Strabane Fight Team) 0-1

C CLASS 73 Kg CATCHWEIGHT BOUT

Rowan Prenderville (Karate Jutsu) Debut v Paul Michaels (Tia Jutsu) Debut

C CLASS LADIES 58Kg CATCHWEIGHT

Claire Graig (Kyoujin MMA) v Asling Mc Laren (Evolve MMA)

D CLASS LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHT 93 Kg BOUT

George Clarke (IFS) 0-0-1 v Ciaran Mc Fadden (Oakleaf JJ) 0-1

D CLASS WELTERWEIGHT 77 Kg BOUT

Mark Stockton (Salford FF) 0-2 v Darren Henderson (Cobra MA) Debut

D CLASS WELTERWEIGHT 77 Kg BOUT

Stephen Owens (IFS) 2-1 v Jude Story (Oakleaf JJ) Debut

D CLASS FEATHERWEIGHT 66 Kg BOUT

Jon Morrison (IFS) 1-0 v Noel Kavanagh (Oakleaf JJ) 0-0-1

D CLASS BANTAMWEIGHT 61 Kg BOUT

Josh Chesney (Elite MA) 0-1 v Sam Burke (Salford FF) 0-1

SANCTIONING BODY

ISKA

Referee

Aiden Marron

Announcer

Top Boxing and MMA Announcer Harry Mc Gavock

Judges

Peter Lavery
    Marty Walker
    Ralph Duff

Time keeper

Tim Mc Crory

FILMING

P4TV RECORDING CREW

Commentators

Mark leonard

TBC

Ring Girls

Professional Models TBC

Doctors

Dr Gwyn Beattie & Team

Paramedics

Aescu Private Ambulance Service & Event Paramedics.

FULL EVENT MANAGEMENT AND ORGANISATION

IFS TEAM

download?mid=1%5f2121217%5fANpv%2fNgAAVgWSucYDgkdxVU6D40&pid=11&fid=Inbox&inline=1

DOOR STAFF

A professional team of event crowd control staff will be hired in for the event; this event will be recorded live and shown on the top UK Sports Network site with thousands of viewers! Because of this we have set the door staff a strict set of rules. This is a chance for Irish fighters and supporters to show

how far Irish MMA has come and will be a spring board for fighters onto bigger shows.
    The ISKA demand a high standard and this is what we expect from fighters and spectators. MMA has been progressing on a professional manor over the years with all promotions working hard to bring MMA to the forefront with high quality shows, it is extremely important this is maintained. We remind the spectators a zero tolerance approach will be applied for anyone acting in a disrespectful manor; this includes booing, jeering, standing if you are seated for example. Anyone seen letting down Irish MMA and spoiling it for everyone who has worked so hard over the years to promote it will be ejected immediately!

Clubs selling tickets are reminded to explain the above to all fans attending - in general most spectators are fantastic but it only takes one or two to let everyone down, lets move on and promote MMA in a positive light together!!

TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW AND GOING VERY QUICK!

AVAILABLE FROM

GLENAVON HOUSE HOTEL RECEPTION, COOKSTOWN
    ALLENS CHEMIST, COOKSTOWN

ONLINE AT WWW.COMPLETEGYMSNUTRITION.COM
    THE IFS GYM, ANTRIM WWW.IFSNI.COM

COMPETITORS

PAY AT THE DOOR AVAILABLE ALTHOUGH TICKETS FIRST – NO GUARENTEE ON ENTRANCE BY PAYING AT THE DOOR

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL AGAIN FOR A GREAT NIGHTS ACTION AND ENTERTAINMENT!!

Thanks for all your help and support!

CLAN WARS PROMOTIONS

download?mid=1%5f2121217%5fANpv%2fNgAAVgWSucYDgkdxVU6D40&pid=18&fid=Inbox&inline=1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

Hey

Looks really good, cant wait for this! On the sports nutrition website I cant find anywhere with clan wars tickets, is there a direct link? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IFS.NI

wingnut4 wrote: »
    Hey

Looks really good, cant wait for this! On the sports nutrition website I cant find anywhere with clan wars tickets, is there a direct link? cheers

Hi Mate,

Yea completegyms are getting work done to their site and will be updating it by the end of the week.

They have the tickets and are ready to go - they just need to set up the link.

If your close to cookstown theres a few places selling them all ready like directly from the Glenavon Hotel and Allens Chemist.

You can also get them from the gyms involved and from the IFS gym in Antrim.

Thanks

Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Mark Leonard: Commentator

This is cool.:)

Yea need to find him a partner in Crime lol

As much as i love the northern accent it never comes out good on audio, need a soft brogue,someone whos clear and well spoken plus someone who knows what they are on about.

Dont want "Jesus oh! yer man there put on one of dem der armbars" lol

If anyone is interested, please e-mail me through the website www.clanwarspromotions.com or www.ifsni.com

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Cheers man!

• Advertisement

Hey, On the website you have spelt Kyoujin wrong, just to let you know incase you want to change it. Its spelt with a j not a g.

Cheers!

claire

wingnut4 wrote: »
    Hey, On the website you have spelt Kyoujin wrong, just to let you know incase you want to change it. Its spelt with a j not a g.

Cheers!

claire

Nice one Claire, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

On a side note that's bastard hard to read! Any chance of just a link next time or some clearer text.

I'll be Mark's co commentator but I don't think you can afford me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

The real question is which one of you is Goldberg and which one is Joe Rogan?

Roper wrote: »
    On a side note that's bastard hard to read! Any chance of just a link next time or some clearer text.

Yea i know its hard to read - when it was copied it looked fine but for whatever reason it all came out all over the place. For what its worth I tried fixing it :)

• Advertisement

Also just a reminder the ISKA Welterweight finals are pencilled in for Sunday 6th of June along with the ISKA Lightweight semi-finals and the ISKA Featherweight semi-finals!

Alot of juicy names for the cards are building but i will update in due time :)

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pauls01

Sorry to jump in here, don't mean to step on any toes but I had a wee look on the Clan Wars website and all the same info seems to be on there.

http://www.clanwarspromotions.com/clanwars3.php

Might be easier to just stick up the link lol.

Card looks great, I know a few of the fighters on the card and have trained with Merv. Can't wait for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭juijitsu black

HAHAHA Very funny:D:D

Clan Wars 3 Update

Commonwealth medalist and experienced Martial Arts Coach Alan Ashcroft will be comming to the judging panel with over 24 years in Martial arts experience including MMA, Judo, Wrestling, Boxing and goshin-jitsu.

Peter Lavery has agreed to move from judging panel to use his smooth talking humor :P and silver tongue to join the team of commentators :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭colinlaird000

IFS.NI wrote: »
    Clan Wars 3 Update

Commonwealth medalist and experienced Martial Arts Coach Alan Ashcroft will be comming to the judging panel with over 24 years in Martial arts experience including MMA, Judo, Wrestling, Boxing and goshin-jitsu.

Peter Lavery has agreed to move from judging panel to use his smooth talking humor :P and silver tongue to join the team of commentators :)

We Kyoujin guys get to hear his "Commentating" on a daily basis. Is there a swear box handy? :P Good luck Mr Lavery icon14.gif

Looks like it will be a good show icon7.gif

Peter commentating, that shall be entertainment in itself,lol,

lol I was thinking the same thing Colin! whats the bet there will be a "punch em in the face" comment,lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭weemate

you two fookers will REALLY get to hear my commentating tonight!!!!
    swear box indeed!!
    how many times do I have to tell you that Im a changed man...after I saw the light I believe that feng sui and morris dancing are the way forward.At the event I'll be going round making sure all the beer bottles face north.

nothing different then Peter :p

weemate wrote: »
    you two fookers will REALLY get to hear my commentating tonight!!!!
    swear box indeed!!
    how many times do I have to tell you that Im a changed man...after I saw the light I believe that feng sui and morris dancing are the way forward.At the event I'll be going round making sure all the beer bottles face north.

LOL is that feng sui or OCD?

• Advertisement

Hi folks,

With the growing interest in the Clan Wars shows we have now been able to put togther another fight card to accomadate eager fighters.

Thankfully we are in the final talks now with Kellys Portrush to hold an event in April in Lush night club!!

I have the guys interested and pencilled in for the event, I will approach those pencilled in and get fight confirmed soon,

I will also be in contact to all clubs with Pro fighters fighting on Clan Wars 3,4 & 5 as we will be running the blood tests in December.

Thanks

IFS

Alan Hannon from Combat Sports Center in Limerick has confirmed the fight with Darren Hughes from Sudden Impact . They fought before and Alan has been looking for a rematch so should be a great fight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 sonoflife

Alan Hannon from Combat Sports Center in Limerick has confirmed the fight with Darren Hughes from Sudden Impact . They fought before and Alan has been looking for a rematch so should be a great fight!

Now dat would be good to see!!!!!!

sonoflife wrote: »
    Now dat would be good to see!!!!!!

Yea really looking forward to this fight too - should be a great battle!

I am currently waiting on some big news so will be able to announce later today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Always enjoy watching Darren fight

Nice addition to card

Guys I am proud to announce after months of organising and sorting we have now sealed the deal for Clan Wars to be aired on sky televison at primetime 9pm on La Muscle tv!!

The show will feature the pro fights at the Clan Wars events with interviews etc Production format still being discussed with the filming crew.

This is something we have been looking for from the start to get the irish talent show cased to move on to bigger and better things.

More and more english,scottish and welsh clubs are emailing with top fighters because of the ISKA and sponsors connections for fights in 2010 and 2011.

Theres a possibility of Ireland verus England, Scotland,Wales cards also and 4 nations Titles in future also.

The show will be aired 2-3 weeks after the events.

This deal was sorted by IFS who brought in the help from P4TV as the professional filming crew to organise te set up and show format.

I would like everyone to get the word out about the show being aired on TV 2-3 weeks after the shows so the Irish talent can be seen all over the UK and Europe!!

Thanks

IFS.NI

Short clip made by my co-krav maga coach Chris Tweed from Clan Wars 2.

This time the cage will be bigger, the venue has been totally refurbished and balcony opened!

Cant wait :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx4nJarVXkU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Guys I am proud to announce after months of organising and sorting we have now sealed the deal for Clan Wars to be aired on sky televison at primetime 9pm on La Muscle tv!!

The show will feature the pro fights at the Clan Wars events with interviews etc Production format still being discussed with the filming crew.

This is something we have been looking for from the start to get the irish talent show cased to move on to bigger and better things.

More and more english,scottish and welsh clubs are emailing with top fighters because of the ISKA and sponsors connections for fights in 2010 and 2011.

Theres a possibility of Ireland verus England, Scotland,Wales cards also and 4 nations Titles in future also.

The show will be aired 2-3 weeks after the events.

This deal was sorted by IFS who brought in the help from P4TV as the professional filming crew to organise te set up and show format.

I would like everyone to get the word out about the show being aired on TV 2-3 weeks after the shows so the Irish talent can be seen all over the UK and Europe!!

Thanks

IFS.NI

Congratulations Paul..... I know that amount of pure ball ache that goes into getting these deals setup. Not for the faint hearted!!!! Look forward to seeing the finished product

John
    Cage Contender, 5 Feb 2010, Clarion Hotel, Carrickfergus
    www.fight.ie

Hi all,

Just a heads up the last of the tickets are now available from the Glenavon House Hotel reception and online at

http://www.completegymsnutrition.com/search.php?pg=1&stext=clan+wars&sprice=&stype=&scat=

The rest of the tickets are gone and these will go quickly too with the interest so if you are looking to attend please get early and avoid dissappointment chancing payment at the door.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Heads up guys - 50 tickets left

Also Caged Steel 4 oz fight gloves have arrived for the C class and pro fighters

13835_1223652642787_1573137590_30537769_3626811_n.jpg

Fighting on the Clan Wars 3 Card we have –

Main card –

Darren Hughes (Sudden Impact) v Alan Hannon (Combat Sports centre) – light weight 70kg

Darren Hughes is the local fighter from Magehrafelt, he fights out of Sudden Impact under the excellent training of Emmet Mc Nally, Darren is an exciting fighter and is very well known on the Irish and UK circuit. Alan Hannon fights out of the Combat Sports Centre and is an excellent all round fighter also. Darren and Alan battled before both getting the draw, Both fighters have been looking for the rematch so its now on the cards – this promises to be one of the fights of the night!

John Donnely Team Ryano v Mike ‘the Portglenone hammer’ Reid Gracie Barra Belfast – welterweight semi final 77kg

John is one of Irelands top welterweights to date with a strong ground game and solid with stand up skills, he hails from Team Ryano in Dublin under the coaching of Andy Ryan. Johns opponent is local man Mike ‘The Portglenone Hammer’ Reid. Michael is competent on the ground with his skills from Gracie Barra but also is an excellent boxer with knock out power in both hands, talk to anyone on the Irish MMA scene and they will tell you Michael is an up and coming fighter and one to definitely to watch out for in the future!

Mervyn Muholland (Juku Ryu Ju Jitsu) v Mark Gibson (Elite 400) – welterweight semi final 77kg

This is going to make a very interesting fight indeed – Mervyn has blasted onto the local MMA scene with blistering pace with impressive performances at Clan Wars 1&2 and cage contenders 1 & 2. He came runner up at the 6 man competition at Cage contenders 1 in Downpatrick against some tough opponents. He is a young lad and has a bright future in Martial Arts. His opponent Mark Gibson is a strong fighter from Elite 400 Fitness and Martial Arts centre in Craigavon training under Jonny Smyth. Mark is a very strong fighter with exceptional conditioning and solid all round game – this will prove a good test for both these young fighters.

Light Heavyweight – Clash of the titans – Colly Mc Can (Elite Martial Arts) v Andy Bell (Juku Ryu JJ) 93kg

This is going to be a war between two of Irelands top C class light heavy weights. Coming to the cage we have the 6ft 7 giant Colly Mc Cann who fights out of Elite Martial Arts, Colly is an excellent striker and has a long reach that he uses to his advantage. He is very well conditioned and a very tough competitor. He will face off against Larne fighter Andy Bell from Juku Ryu Ju Jitsu who is another man mountain; Andy is 2-0 and wants to continue his winning streak. Andy trains under head Juku Ryu Coach Alan McKee and is a very strong fighter with great wrestling and ground skills as well as being able to go toe to toe standing. This fight is the natural progression for these two fighters as both claimed victories over another tough fighter in Jimmy Ward from IMMA. This promises to be a battle from start to finish!!

Featherweight Yannick Magee (Elite Martial Arts) v Andy ‘Taz’ Young (Frames Tai Jutsu) 66kg

Yet again this is another runner for potential fight of the night! Yannick Magee hails from Warrenpoint and fights out of Elite Martial Arts, he has a solid ground game and an excellent striking game primarily from Muay Thai. He is a hungry fighter and will bring a lot of talent and energy to the cage. Yannick faces off against another ball of fury in Andy ‘Taz’ Young from Frames Tai Jutsu in Belfast. Andy is fresh from his TKO win at Cage Wars earlier in the year and is eager to impress at Clan Wars 3 after his defeat against James Gallagher which was fight of the night and another war at Clan Wars 2. There are a lot of great fights on this card but this fight is the one I personally have my eye on as there’s going to fireworks!

Middle weight Karl Bruins (Elite Martial Arts) v Dave Sloan (Salford Fight Factory) 84kg

Karl has got to be one of the biggest 84kg C class fighters in Ireland standing at around 6ft 3. He always comes to the cage to put on a good show and is willing to stand and bang, clinch or go to the ground; he is comfortable in all positions and always leaves it in the cage. Karl is up against Dave Sloan from Salford Fight Factory in England ,he trains under Darren Sherlock so you can bet he has a high caliber of striking in Muay Thai and a good submission game. This will be a good chance for both fighters to gain experience against a fighter from a different country.

73 Kg Catchweight - Phil Townley IFS (MMA debut) v Adam Kemp 1-0 (Frames Tai Jutsu)

Phil is new to MMA but has established a strong ground game and good striking skills. Phil is eager to impress and hungry for fights! He will fight Adam Kemp from Frames tia jutsu who is a competent striker with a solid submission game. This should be a very entertaining fight indeed.

Light heavyweight - Kenny Bishop IFS (MMA debut) v Gareth ‘ Wurzel’ Loughran 93kg

Kenny in the past has had a few kickboxing fights but hugely enjoys the ground game to which he is very capable and enjoys working off his back for submissions. He is excited and eager for his MMA debut! He is fighting Gareth ‘Wurzel’ Loughran who hails from Ballymena and is fighting out of Emmet Mc Nallys Sudden Impact gym. Gareth is fresh from a win at Clan Wars 2 and is looking to maintain his record.

Featherweight Anthony ‘Two,Two’ Mc Graph (PHK Belfast) v Andy Green (Salford Fight Factory) 66kg

Anthony Mc Graph fights out of PHK in Whiterock under the guidance of head coach Stephen Mc Sweeny. Anthony brings a solid all round game to the cage but loves to stand toe to toe and bang. He is up against another striker in Andy Green from Salford Fight Factory who also possesses a solid all round game. This should prove an exciting fight.

Catch weight 73kg Eoin Wilson (Frames Tai Jutsu) v Ian Walsh (Strefi Walkie)

After a busy 2009 Eoin is excited to make his return to the cage in Feb, he fights out of Frames Tia Jutsu and brings a mixed bag of tricks to the cage, coming from the Tia Jutsu I have no doubt that he will want to stand and bang toe to toe! His opponent Ian Walsh fights out of Strefi Walkie in Waterford and is an excellent kick boxer, he also possesses ground skills. If both fighters keep this standing we are in for another striking war!

Bantam weight Chris O Hare (Elite Martial Arts) v Aaron Devlin (Strabane fight team) 61kg

I was surprised to see Chris O Hare at 66kg at Clan Wars 2 as the guy is huge for featherweight; Chris is around 6ft, maybe even taller! Now that Elite martial Arts have confirmed he can make weight at 61kg this is nothing short of astounding, what is in that sea air in Warrenpoint to produce these monsters? Lol..
    As far as I know this will be the first time Chris will fight at 61kg, if he feels comfortable at that weight I feel he will offer problems to a lot of Bantamweights with his height and reach. Chris also has good stand up skills and has an iron chin which he proved at Clan Wars 2 against Paul Laverty. If theres a semi-pro bantamweight that can pull it off against Chris then Aaron Devlin is the man, Aaron is a gutsy fighter and trains out of Strabane Fight Team under Connor Cassidy, You can bet he has been training hard for this fight and will have a good game plan in place. He is coming from a team with all round skills whether its standing or on the ground so should make an interesting fight.

73kg Catchweight Rowan Penderville (Karate Jutsu) v Paul Michaels (Tai Jutsu)

This again should turn out to be another stand up war! Rowan has been busy the last few months with a TKO victory at the EFR show in the ramble and competing on the Cage Wars event, this guy loves to stand and trade and has a granite chin, he is a young fighter with a lot of talent and with experience will be one to watch out for in the future. Paul Michaels is fighting out of the Frames Tai Jutsu team in Belfast and as you know these guys love to stand and bang too, Paul has been training hard for this match up and is more than willing to go toe to toe and put on a great fight for the crowd. Two good fighters from two well established Martial Arts clubs, should be a great fight.

Featherweight Jon Morrison 1-0 IFS v Noel Kavanagh 0-0-1- Oakleaf Ju Jitsu 66kg Amateur

Due to an injury Jon had to pull out of Clan Wars 2 but is chomping on the bit to get back in their and mix it up again against Noel Kavanagh from Oakleaf JJ. Noel is another guy hungry for fights and brings a good range of skills to the cage, he fought in the first Clan Wars event and drew with Paul Lavery who is one of Jons training partners so this fight should be good!

Welterweight Darren Henderson (Cobra MMA) v Karthik Nargaraj (Salford Figt Factory) Amateur

This will be evenly matched fight from two relatively new MMA fighters, This will be Darrens debut fight, he fights out of Cobra Martial Arts under head coach Marty Mc Laughlin so you can bet he will have some solid wrestling and submission skills. Karthik is fighting out of Salford Fight Factory under Darren Sherlock so will have a good all round game, this should be a well matched fight for two relative beginners.

Light Heavyweight - George Clarke 0-0-1 (Draw) IFS v Ciaran Mc Fadden Oakleaf Ju Jitsu 93kg Amateur

George made his debut last year at Clan Wars 1 against Gary Carlin from evolve/oakleaf jj. The fight went back and forward and was a great battle of strength and technique. Both fighters fought very well and got the draw. George is comming to the cage again in feb to shake off the ring rust and to get back into action. This time he will be fighting the talented Ciaran Mc Fadden from Oakleaf JJ who is a cardio machine and has been training very hard for this fight!

Bantamweight Josh Chesney (Elite Martial Arts) v Sam Burke (Salford Fight Factory) 61kg Amateur

This will be Josh Chesney’s second outing at Clan Wars, He fought a tough battle at Clan Wars 2 against Ryan Martin from IMMA losing to a decision. He has been training hard and is looking for another chance to impress. He is a young fighter with a lot of talent. On the same note Sam Burke is an up and coming new talent from Salford Fight Factory, I have personally seen Sam fight in Bolton and have seen his skills and talent. This will be a good opportunity for two young fighters to gain experience and to shine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Darren Hughes (Sudden Impact) v Alan Hannon (Combat Sports centre) – light weight 70kg

Darren Hughes is the local fighter from Magehrafelt, he fights out of Sudden Impact under the excellent training of Emmet Mc Nally, Darren is an exciting fighter and is very well known on the Irish and UK circuit. Alan Hannon fights out of the Combat Sports Centre and is an excellent all round fighter also. Darren and Alan fought before with Darren the victor, Alan has been training hard and looking for the rematch so its now on the cards – this promises to be one of the fights of the night!

This fight was actually a draw, not a win for Darren.

Thanks for the correction Tim,with Alan hungry looking for the rematch I automatically thought Darren had won the previous encounter. My bad........... its now been rectified. Cheers

Darren Hughes is the local fighter from Magehrafelt, he fights out of Sudden Impact under the excellent training of Emmet Mc Nally, Darren is an exciting fighter and is very well known on the Irish and UK circuit. Alan Hannon fights out of the Combat Sports Centre and is an excellent all round fighter also. Darren and Alan fought before with Darren the victor, Alan has been training hard and looking for the rematch so its now on the cards – this promises to be one of the fights of the night!

Thanks for the correction Tim,with Alan hungry looking for the rematch I automatically thought Darren had won the previous encounter. My bad........... its now been rectified. Cheers

Surely being the promoter and more importantly the match maker you should know both these guys records inside out? How can you not know they drew the last time?

Surely being the promoter and more importantly the match maker you should know both these guys records inside out? How can you not know they drew the last time?

Darren was set to fight a different opponent who could not make the bout this time around. I was contacted by Alans manager who mentioned that Alan was looking a rematch if I could arrange it against Darren.

I contacted Darrens manager to see if he was happy to take the rematch which he was and confirmed it with Alans manager.

Yes i dropped the ball assuming Darren had won the fight a few years ago simply because I knew Alan was looking for the rematch.

I should not have assumed this and a valuable lesson has been learnt, I do have both fighters W.L.D records but not who against and I was also working closely with two very capable managers when arranging the bout - its a mistake on my behalf which i hold my hands up too.

• Advertisement

Special Guests for Clan Wars 3 - Head Urban Krav Maga Instructor Stewart McGill and Leo Negao who boasts such creditials as the following -

World BJJ Champion 1998

National BJJ Champion 97,98,99

Estadual Champion 97,98,99,2000

Beat Ricardo Arona. (8x Pride Champion) at the BJJ Championship in Brazil (2001)

ADCC 2nd place B...razilian Trials

1st place Roma Submission Wrestling.

bumping this up as it took me ages to find it and its next week!

Hi Claire,Thanks for bumping the post, hows the wing doing by the way?

I have been flat out the last few weeks I have not had much time to post on the forums.

Theres alot of new exciting things I need to keep everyone posted on including the up to date fight card. Theres also some fantastic match ups pencilled in for Ireland v England in April so watch this space!

I am only in the door and heading straight back out to training so I will update shortly!

Thanks

Paul

Hey

Yeh im still in a brace, got a while to go still!! grrrrr cant wait to start training again, so fat now! lol

Sounds really good from your end, cant wait to April, hopefully I can make it. Just had to pay for the reception for my wedding so I cant go next friday but have a blast!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭cletus

I was wondering if anybody knows whether we'll be able to view this on the LA Muscle TV website, as I dont have Sky, only Chorus :(.

Also, has an air date been set for the show?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

cletus wrote: »
    I was wondering if anybody knows whether we'll be able to view this on the LA Muscle TV website, as I dont have Sky, only Chorus :(.

Also, has an air date been set for the show?

Thanks in advance

Hi Cletus,

The filming done for sky will be pro fights and interviews, the full card can be viewed on pay per view P4TV on the net which i think is £15 or £20 a year but gets you loads of MMA events like OMMAC, FIGHT IKON, CAGE CONFLICT,CLAN WARS etc so its a very good deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭markfightie

bump

Looking forward to this!

Any cheaper rooms for people coming to the show?

Hi guys,

The final card can be seen here

http://www.clanwarspromotions.com/fighters.php

We have worked very hard for this show and tried to bring in as many tools to promote the fighters and positively promote MMA.

We have a page on facebook that we would appreciate if our friends here at boards.ie could join and spread the word to show the support for Irish and UK fighters getting aired on television as theres a very good chance of a series starting.Plus getting the word out for people to tune in to the show on LA Muscle TV when its on.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=281709446183&ref=mf

Thank you for all your continued help and support

Cheers

Paul

bump

Looking forward to this!

Any cheaper rooms for people coming to the show?

Hi mate,

The hotel are doing the wedding rate although there is a few b&b's around Cookstown still available at a cheaper rate.

Look forward to seeing you and John friday night

Thanks

Paul

The final card can be seen here

http://www.clanwarspromotions.com/fighters.php

The top four fights on this show will be very entertaining.
    Gotta love watching Andy Young fighting hes like a ball of energy.

Cant wait for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

Result!!!

Just scored a last minute ticket, I'll have to drive the other guys but it will be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

There are quite a few guys I know on this card.

Really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Should be a great show, i know all the effort Paul and Co have put into it!!!!

Best wishes for tomorrow lads

John
    www.fight.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

This will be my first time going to a Clan Wars shows. Should be good! :)

Great night last night, thanks to Paul and everyone else at Clan Wars. It was a great event, professionally run with great fighters. Well done to everyone that stepped into the ring, its not as easy as it looks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement