Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Year BBS accounting case study

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

I thought that yeah :) I'll just try and make myself do it this week :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

sure if you've any questions PM me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Pai Mei wrote: »
    Ah I should be grand so... Personally I think for the work that has to go into it it's stupid it's only worth like 15%
    I would strongly recommend you do it in excel and make it worth 25%.
    When I did it, I found that when you did the first section it was just a matter of breaking down the information from there on. It was very tough going to get through that first section though

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Murrr

I'm doing the case study too!!...on section 3 - nominal ledgers and so lost with it...don't even know where to start!!

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I would strongly recommend you do it in excel and make it worth 25%.
    When I did it, I found that when you did the first section it was just a matter of breaking down the information from there on. It was very tough going to get through that first section though

I was originally going to do it through excel but with less than a week to go and not even 1 section done I'm fairly confident I won't have time for that :pac: I really just wanna get it finished at this stage I just don't have the motivation :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I was originally going to do it through excel but with less than a week to go and not even 1 section done I'm fairly confident I won't have time for that :pac: I really just wanna get it finished at this stage I just don't have the motivation :(
    Once you get the nominal ledgers done it really does get more understandable. I remember freaking when I saw that section and had to turn to someone in the year ahead of me for some help but when you do them, the rest of it is just breaking down the information.
    I still have mine so I should be able to help a little if you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Murrr

In the nominal ledger are the opening balances single entry? And how do you know what to put into each account then??? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lalala

anyone have an answer for post trial balance ???

What does the preliminary trial balance, balance at?

What does the preliminary trial balance, balance at?

Mine balanced at 181621

Hopefully that is right :o

• Advertisement

Mine balanced at 181621

Hopefully that is right :o

Mine balanced at 181721

Mine balanced at 181721

Did you put in the PAYE/PRSI balances of 100 on the cr and dr sides?? That's the only thing I can see that might be different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 df123

Anyone know where we can get the answers to those theory questions that John calls out in the lectures? :(

Advertisement