Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wifi finding program I could download Nokia

• 27-10-2009 6:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Have a spare phone Nokia e51, which I intend to use for Voip/Skype calls while conncted to (hopefully free) wifi network.
    The apps on the nokia phone which search for wifi network are

conn manager
    and Wlan Wizard

I'm New to the wifi end of the phone, the two wifi apps show available networks, they dont give much info on the wifi networks found, ie signal strength , unsecured etc (unless you go in and select each wifi zone found)

Is there better wifi finding app I could download, or I better off using the two nokia aps on the phone

There is no sim in phone, so can only download directly from the web on the phone

(Ps I'll be using nimbuzz or fring to make the voip calls)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

off topic but you should try the built in VoiP client. its awsoem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Bump !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭davehey79

Could try HandyWi i got it through Ovi Store on my 5800 and gives signal strrength and if open or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

davehey79 wrote: »
    Could try HandyWi i got it through Ovi Store on my 5800 and gives signal strrength and if open or not

Thanks a mil, perfect

Advertisement