Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this world and our existance just some kind of sitcom or a tv soap?

Options
  • 27-10-2009 7:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭

Is this world and our existance just some kind of sitcom or a tv soap for some form of higher being or aliens?

It certainly makes no sense in any other way.

So smile and be aware that you may be on camera for the higher being, or the aliens or possibly even our more developed future humans or perhaps entertainment for computers of the future.

Afterall all, all of these possibilities need entertaining if they do exist.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The entire universe is in fact kept inside a sealed tin, I'm just dreading the moment the lid is popped off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Kama

They're trying to pop the lid with the Large Hadron Collider, but it keeps changing reality so the top can't come off....

Nature abhors a Higgs so much, it travels back in time to stop it...

As to the nature of reality, one view is that we are the 'higher beings', but have involuted down into Maya and ignorance 'for the lulz', or to grow and experience finitude...

Ironically for 'expanding your horizons', this view of involution requires a narrowing and 'crippling' process of being-thrown into dumb matter and ignorance, as a perfected Oversoul/God/whatever isn't learning or growing. All very Taoist/Deconstructive/whatever: constaint as the prerequisite for freedom, ignorance for learning, amnesia for anamnesis

Grant Morrison expounds this view in his classic Disinfo spiel, that space-time exists to grow larvae, and we are that larva. Ken Wilber does something similar, working off the thought of Sri Aurobindo among others, or Bill Hicks with 'it's just a ride'.

Food for thought and funs, whatever the actuality is...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

How do you know you're not a Japanese teenager in an arcade in the year 2450 playing a game called 'Life in the 21st century'. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    How do you know you're not a Japanese teenager in an arcade in the year 2450 playing a game called 'Life in the 21st century'. :)
    I damn well don't know but am I better off not knowing ! ! !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I damn well don't know but am I better off not knowing ! ! !
    Congradulations you've reached level 99.

Now to get to level 100 send me all your money.
    (PM sent with bank details.) :pac:

I liked Dresden Codaks take on this eternal question of Life, the Pseudo-Universe, and Everything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

we're the forgotten planet probably in the grand sceme of things we're like a speck of dust in terms of how important we are in the universe.
    This planet is trash and looked on like that by the higher beings/gods.
    We're not supposed to kill and hate each other,pollute etc the way we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

blinding wrote: »
    It certainly makes no sense in any other way.

Who said it was supposed to or had to make sense?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Mena wrote: »
    Who said it was supposed to or had to make sense?
    Who is Who

• Advertisement

Not a EYH topic. PM me if anybody wants it moved to Philosophy/somewhere else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement