Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€€€€€€€€ Pool Tournanment €€€&#836

• 27-10-2009 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Looking to run a Pool Tournament in Clonmel Co Tipp next Month,

Clonmel is with in one hour of Cork, Waterford, Limerick, Kilkenny, Portlaoise etc so expecting to draw a big crowd on the night.

What should the cost to enter the event be keeping in mind i want to attract 40-50 players?

I would hope to develop this to a twice montly game and Gtd prize money of at least €1000 to start with:D:D:D.

Game will be played in a purpose built room with excellant lighting.

Pool cash games will follow with €20 to €500 games ahead if your up for the challenge.

Also on offer will be some Poker, Blackjack etc

Please come back to me with some ideas, Views etc.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭grifter09

I dont have a lot of experience with running tournaments ( dont know anything about permits etc.) but have played in a few. I suppose when you look at a draw you need to start with 32 players or 64. lets say you have 64 interested people @ €50 per head = €3200. Thats just for reference. obviously it could be halved etc.

If you dont get enough entrants then the way to fill the empty slots on the draw is to allow buybacks for the first people who get knocked out until the draw is filled with 32 or 64 players.

sounds great though. id definately be interested in going. even though i havent played in quite a while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

PokerLover wrote: »
    Looking to run a Pool Tournament in Clonmel Co Tipp next Month,

Clonmel is with in one hour of Cork, Waterford, Limerick, Kilkenny, Portlaoise etc so expecting to draw a big crowd on the night.

What should the cost to enter the event be keeping in mind i want to attract 40-50 players?

I would hope to develop this to a twice montly game and Gtd prize money of at least €1000 to start with:D:D:D.

Game will be played in a purpose built room with excellant lighting.

Pool cash games will follow with €20 to €500 games ahead if your up for the challenge.

Also on offer will be some Poker, Blackjack etc

Please come back to me with some ideas, Views etc.

Thank you

Are you running it in Circles, Clonmel? If not, where? :)

Entrance fee? Depends on the projected amount you might get I reckon. Kept it low to get people who have little experience in and vice versa.

What sort of pool? Red/Yellows? American style? etc.

Advertisement