Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the modern version of the Nokia 5100 builders phone?

• 27-10-2009 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I had one of these indestructible phones for years and wouldn't mind getting the up to date equivalent. What is on the market now that would match it?

nokia5100phnew%5B1%5D.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Not sure what the Nokia version is (if any) but mate of mine has a JCB phone that's along the same lines..

895d1195790267-jcb-toughphone-review-jcb-toughphone-combo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Not sure what the Nokia version is (if any) but mate of mine has a JCB phone that's along the same lines..
    The only thing that would put me off the JCB brand is their branded power tools sold in Woodies. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

I had one of these indestructible phones for years and wouldn't mind getting the up to date equivalent. What is on the market now that would match it?

nokia5100phnew%5B1%5D.gif
    Well they haven't released one in a while but you could always go for a Sonim XP3:

eBay Link

sonim-xp3-enduro.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Nokia seem to have veered towards cheaper disposable phones rather than expensive durable ones, but I've been told there is one in the works for release late this year, early next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

There's also the Samsung B2100 to consider. It's available on the Vodafone website on prepaid for €99.

1235496570mob_picsamsung-b2100-rugged-mobile-phone.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055616049
    Davy wrote: »
    sonim-land-rover.jpg

New Sonim S1 land rover phone just launched, will beat the jcb phone and the likes.

Guaranteed to work at temperatures up to -20°C and withstand a 2m drop onto a concrete surface, can be submerged in water for up to half an hour and has 18 hours of talk time on a single, full charge. Or 2 and half months on standby which is pretty impressive imo, impervious to dust, dirt, shocks, drops, and can take up to 400 kgs of pressure.

Other features include A-GPS, a two megapixel waterproof camera, WAP, flashlight, expandable memory, FM radio and Bluetooth.

One of the best parts is it comes with a three year unconditional guarantee, so no matter how it breaks they give you a new phone. They are looking for the most bizarre way to destroy it. If anyone is interested its £299 sim free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Look up the Nokia 3720.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

^ +1 was just about to say it.

Advertisement