Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Shed Insulation etc..

Options
  • 27-10-2009 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hello to ye all,
    Am hoping some1 might be able to give me a rough indication as to how much renovating a garden shed would cost. The building is 20ft x 10ft, everything is fine with the build and roof. I'm just wondering how much it would cost to make this a liveable space. Basically this is gona include damp proofing and insulating the shed (walls and ceiling). The electrics need to be re-wired also but there is a connection running to the building. Can any1 give me a guide as to how much this would cost? And possibly even a breakdown of the price? Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

What sort of shed is it. Is it wooden or concrete?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 craiggy

It's a concrete shed

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Private Joker

I am looking at something very similar,

although I have a asbestos concrete roof to deal with , which i was thinking of encapsulating or cladding over.

The work i'll need done would be damp proof the floor slab , dryline and insulate the interior and put a water proof plaster on the exterior along with rewiring.

I'm sort of thinkin that the price to do it would be prohibitive but i couldn't even ballpark the figure myself.

Advertisement