Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Waterford Boards Beers: Downes' pub, TONIGHT @ 8:00pm. **

• 27-10-2009 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭

Taken for the Karting thread, Anyone interested? for all future organising please refer to my sig :D:D.

Would have to be a weekend for me being a prisioner of cork during the week and I've a fairly hectic couple of weekends coming up but I'll be ok from middle/end of novermber on.

Any thoughts?

Boards Beers Confirmed::

Where? Downes' pub,
    When? Saturday November 7th, 8:00pm,
    Who can attend? Everyone welcome!

There will be no go-karting for this event, plans are in motion to arrange for another date where we head out and do the go-karting in Kiltorcan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

What pub ya going to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Ita Mordants :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Downes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yep, I think I'm reading everyone's shít long enough to want to put a face to ye. :D

Reckon the pub has to be somewhere quiet enough. Downes' or somewhere like that?

EDIT: Seems Cabaal and myself are on the same page anyway. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Downes also sounds good to me, Anyone want to venture a date?

I'm going to sound a bit of a geebag but i'm free Friday the 6th but not untill saturday the 28th after that. I guess the 28th would give everyone ample time to orgainse for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sure. Geoffs it is then, ya? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

ziedth wrote: »
    Downes also sounds good to me, Anyone want to venture a date?

I'm going to sound a bit of a geebag but i'm free Friday the 6th but not untill saturday the 28th after that. I guess the 28th would give everyone ample time to orgainse for it.

Dam getting Married the 27th , dam pesky family committments :D

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Dam getting Married the 27th , dam pesky family committments :D

Ah now, if she can't understand the importance of waterford beers then I say kick her to the curb :P

So the 6th or 7th? I don't mind TBH.

Edit: True ec18, so saturday the 7th? Karting then Downes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

Ah now, if she can't understand the importance of waterford beers then I say kick her to the curb :P

So the 6th or 7th? I don't mind TBH.

Don't forget the importance of karting!

ill go to downse alright. Wont be doing the karting though. Ill wait go pub till ye come along. :)

• Advertisement

6th is a Friday yeah? Wonder what time they open until.

Think I've a night out on the 6th so 7th would be better for me.

I'm not sure will I actually do the karting either but for the moment anyway I might but for ease we'll say the 7th In Downes at say 8ish?

Any thoughts?

I'm not sure will I actually do the karting either but for the moment anyway I might but for ease we'll say the 7th In Downes at say 8ish?

Any thoughts?

I have a thought. Why the fúck would you not do the karting!!! :pac:

nkay1985 wrote: »

Lets just say last time I did grand prix with a load of mates/mates friends and I was getting lapped by teenage girls. I prob will do it TBH but i'm going along at my own pace and if i can at all I'm going to ram Sully for his Geoffs comment :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

ye im up for that c u there buddys

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Right well if we can get a rough number, we can try confirm karting and maybe they will open at a special rate for us Boarsdies.

The last beers we had was a good craic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Lets just say last time I did grand prix with a load of mates/mates friends and I was getting lapped by teenage girls. I prob will do it TBH but i'm going along at my own pace and if i can at all I'm going to ram Sully for his Geoffs comment :pac:

You were schooled by everyone there that day :)

Sully wrote: »
    Right well if we can get a rough number, we can try confirm karting and maybe they will open at a special rate for us Boarsdies.

The last beers we had was a good craic!

Ya good Idea, so i'm def on for beers and karting.

I guess after this whoever says they are on after this put the total tally in their message?

So for example:

Confirmed 1.

Next person starts their message with "Confirmed 2" if they are going and so on?

Unless anyone can think of a better way, its been a long ass day and my brain is fried.

Oh and lassykk, you may eat those words ive lost like 3 stone since then so I expect to be as quick as eddie irvine :pac::pac::pac::pac: Course that still leaves another 18 stone of me weighing down the kart :(

Ya good Idea, so i'm def on for beers and karting.

I guess after this whoever says they are on after this put the total tally in their message?

So for example:

Confirmed 1.

Next person starts their message with "Confirmed 2" if they are going and so on?

Unless anyone can think of a better way, its been a long ass day and my brain is fried.

Oh and lassykk, you may eat those words ive lost like 3 stone since then so I expect to be as quick as eddie irvine :pac::pac::pac::pac: Course that still leaves another 18 stone of me weighing down the kart :(

Sounds like a grand system to me.

Confirmed 2.

Confirmed 1 (the lads will add their own name to the list im sure).

(Topic title updated and forum announcement made)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

To make up the numbers, how about we invite the UpTheDeise folk?? Any idea on costs yet?

Confirmed 1 (the lads will add their own name to the list im sure).

One of us misunderstood Ziedth's system anyway. I thought he meant to write Confirmed, then the number that you are to confirm. So he was Confirmed 1, I was Confirmed 2 etc.

AdMMM wrote: »
    To make up the numbers, how about we invite the UpTheDeise folk?? Any idea on costs yet?

I don't care who comes along. Would be great if it wasn't only 3 or 4 of us there!

Has anyone been onto the lads who run this place to find out what their setup is like? How many can they take? Do they have timing equipment? Do they do it like the Grand Prix event in Kiltorcan etc?

yes that was my plan nkay but even as i was writing it i knew i wasn't explaing it. Screw it just say if your in or out and we can count it up then. Not as if we're gonna get 100 people going, so thats 3 confirmed so far for karting and couple interested in meeting up after for the beers should be a laugh. I would suggest someone maybe ring this crowd tomorrow and see what story is? Grand prix style would be laugh but if its just bombing around for the hour then all the better cause you might not notice when i'm dead last :)

(Topic title updated and forum announcement made)

Good spelling on that btw. :P
    yes that was my plan nkay but even as i was writing it i knew i wasn't explaing it. Screw it just say if your in or out and we can count it up then. Not as if we're gonna get 100 people going, so thats 3 confirmed so far for karting and couple interested in meeting up after for the beers should be a laugh. I would suggest someone maybe ring this crowd tomorrow and see what story is? Grand prix style would be laugh but if its just bombing around for the hour then all the better cause you might not notice when i'm dead last :)

Yeah, true. As long as I get to tear around a track and have at least one good crash, I'll be happy. If I get time tomorrow I'll give them a shout and see what the lie of the land is.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I like beer and it seems to get on with me to. :)

seanybiker wrote: »
    I like beer and it seems to get on with me to. :)

:D

Ah come on. We've won Ziedth around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Can make the beer in Downes but not the karting as in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

if it's after 1 i'm confirmed for the karting and the beer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Looks like I'm around for this anyway. Work gave me the week off!

• Advertisement

ec18 wrote: »
    if it's after 1 i'm confirmed for the karting and the beer :)
    AdMMM wrote: »
    Looks like I'm around for this anyway. Work gave me the week off!

Lovely. That puts us at 5 by my count. Didn't get a chance to ring them at the weekend but will try to do it tomorrow.

Advertisement