Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Waterford Boards Beers: Downes' pub, TONIGHT @ 8:00pm. **

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm out lads,
    Will be up in Dublin on Sat so its a no go for me, shame as its been years since I went to a boards.ie Waterford gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Karting is a bit iffy but im definatly on for the beers!

what pub ye going to? actually in case im not around for the next couple of days (missus is due to give birth)! can someone pm me with the final details?

or just post em up in nice big writing that i can see :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Right so. I was just on to the lad about the karting.

Prices are €30 for a half hour, €50 for an hour.

I asked do they do it like the Grand Prix up in Kiltorcan and he siad that they kind of can. He basically said you each go around one car at a time to decide the qualifying, then line up and race.

But, if I'm honest, he didn't seem to really have a clue what he was talking about. It all sounded very unprofessional and I wasn't at all impressed when talking to him. He didn't really sound interested in getting the business!

So I just compared it to Kiltorcan and for the same €50 you get the proper Grand Prix with all the gear, timing equipment and marshals etc.

My proposal is that we scrap the karting for Saturday but go ahead with the beers. Then try to organise karting in Kiltorcan sometime in the new year. You need a minimum of 10 for the Grand Prix so we could open it up to the Kilkenny forums or something if we couldn't get numbers ourselves, although I think we would if people had a bit of notice.

What does everyone think?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

nkay1985 wrote: »
    My proposal is that we scrap the karting for Saturday but go ahead with the beers. Then try to organise karting in Kiltorcan sometime in the new year. You need a minimum of 10 for the Grand Prix so we could open it up to the Kilkenny forums or something if we couldn't get numbers ourselves, although I think we would if people had a bit of notice.

What does everyone think?

Opening it up to the Kilkenny forum makes sense if the carting is going to be in Kiltorcan, ok not everyone might head for the beers after but atleast you'd get the carting

Cabaal wrote: »
    Opening it up to the Kilkenny forum makes sense if the carting is going to be in Kiltorcan, ok not everyone might head for the beers after but atleast you'd get the carting

Yep, that's what I was thinking. And I was actually only thinking of the karting as a stand-alone thing but we could easily do another beers. It'd be good to have them once or twice a year seeing as so many of us spend so much time on here! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

that sounds like a much better idea. Just beers it is so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Sounds good to me either way. Don't care where we go either because we'll be part of a group and hopefully be able to liven up even the quietest of pubs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Suits me down to the ground also. Should be good craic and take my mind off these damn tax returns:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Fine by me. Doesn't Kiltorcan do group rates anyway? Funny how a poor sales man can turn you away :)

coolie,

i guess around 8ish in downes so seems to be the idea for those out there who haven't bothered reading all the posts :). Should be a good laugh! Now it had occured to me how are we going to "meet" in downes? I can imagine us looking like we're internet dating if we wonder around asking people are part of boards.ie :)

My suggestion would be anyone who wants to PM me and i'll give you my mob and just throw me a text and i'll let you know where I/we are. I'm on the mobile site for the next few days so they'll be noreplys till friday but I will get back to you then.

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    Fine by me. Doesn't Kiltorcan do group rates anyway? Funny how a poor sales man can turn you away :)

Yeah I couldn't even call this guy a bad salesman because that would be doing bad salesmen a disservice! :D

The €50 in Kiltorcan is a group rate (as in over 10 people) but I think that they gave us a discount (~€5 a head) before when there was a group of 20 of us going.
    ziedth wrote: »
    coolie,

i guess around 8ish in downes so seems to be the idea for those out there who haven't bothered reading all the posts :). Should be a good laugh! Now it had occured to me how are we going to "meet" in downes? I can imagine us looking like we're internet dating if we wonder around asking people are part of boards.ie :)

My suggestion would be anyone who wants to PM me and i'll give you my mob and just throw me a text and i'll let you know where I/we are. I'm on the mobile site for the next few days so they'll be noreplys till friday but I will get back to you then.

Sounds like a plan to me. I'll PM you now.

@Sully: Maybe you could put the details in the announcement? Something like "Waterford Boards Beers: Downes' pub, Saturday November 7th, 8:00pm. Everyone welcome!" so that we could bring it to the attention of people who just skim over the forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

I am the one for a karting. Let me know when.
    As for the beers - busy weekend, i'm out :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

@Sully: Maybe you could put the details in the announcement? Something like "Waterford Boards Beers: Downes' pub, Saturday November 7th, 8:00pm. Everyone welcome!" so that we could bring it to the attention of people who just skim over the forum?

Done! OP edited also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I should be able to make it to the pub. Ye will know me cos ill just be parking me bike on the corner outside me mates house.
    Bald head, bit of a beard and a cupla piercings. Just shout out something and ill pop over and say hello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Dam getting Married the 27th , dam pesky family committments :D

Congradulations mate!

Hope you have a great day :)

Just bumping this in advance of the big day. I'm usually always late for these days but I've nothing else on tomorrow so will be there bright and early. I'll be the guy with a pint in his hand... and maybe a few empties beside him.

Ill be there alright, should be on time but wont be able to stay the night sadly. Adam will know me so ill be able to spot everyone else :)

i should be there by half 8ish. I'll be the one looking aimlessly around prob complaining about the spurs result :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

If any of you feel like throwing a pint (Of water! I wouldn't want anyone to waste their beer) over Sully before he leaves on my behalf I would be grateful forever! :D

takola wrote: »
    If any of you feel like throwing a pint (Of water! I wouldn't want anyone to waste their beer) over Sully before he leaves on my behalf I would be grateful forever! :D

Done!! I'll just tell him i'm abouttobebanned :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

:D

So am I right in thinking there'll be 7 or 8 of us tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

maybe 9. i'll probably come out for this. im more of a lurker but sure a few pints wouldnt go astray. i know sully and admmm so i'll know who to look for

maybe 9. i'll probably come out for this. im more of a lurker but sure a few pints wouldnt go astray. i know sully and admmm so i'll know who to look for

Cool. The more the merrier sure!

I'll be there from 8ish by the look of it thats how many we have and a mate of mine who is a lurker so just throw me a text when you on route k?

I'll be there from 8ish by the look of it thats how many we have and a mate of mine who is a lurker so just throw me a text when you on route k?

Will do.

just a final note all, i'll be there from half 7 cause i may have to shoot off for a while at 10. Its hard to miss me i'm black hair 6'6 with a pint and i'll prob be on the mobile site on my phone :) talk to whoever is there later.

I am a mess. Wooka Wooka Wooka!

i just myself. Starting on the southern comfort so early will be little comfort in the comfort in a few hours. Good to meet yea all, we'll organise another one in the new year. I was only sorry though i didn't throw my drink at sully :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I was only sorry though i didn't throw my drink at sully :)

:( Bloody Waterfordians. Can't even soak each other right! :(

:D

Advertisement