Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green body paint - Where?

Options
  • 27-10-2009 8:37pm

Hi All

I'm dressing up as the hulk for halloween.

I have all the parts for the costume, except for the body paint.

I'll be painting the majority of my body, legs, arms & face, so a small tub wouldnt do. Probably need something thick also, nothing too watery.

Never used body paint or anything like it before, so dont even know where to start.

Anyone have any suggestions? And where I could get it (In Dublin). Dont get paid til Friday, so preferably somewhere that wont be MENTAL Friday eve / Sat ?

Cheers !
    Spy
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I can't really help but may I inquire as to what the rest of your outfit entails? I'm not sure the weather is great for just a pair of torn blue shorts.

Well, its going to be a ripped-green T-shirt (not going topless). Might draw muscles on the t-shirt. ;-)
    Then preferably purple / dark purple shorts. Still have to get this, but I'm sure I'll have luck with that. If not, ripped jeans / jean-shorts type things.

Well, its going to be a ripped-green T-shirt (not going topless). Might draw muscles on the t-shirt. ;-)
    Then preferably purple / dark purple shorts. Still have to get this, but I'm sure I'll have luck with that. If not, ripped jeans / jean-shorts type things.

I don't know about not being mental but the joke shop beside the gaiety will probably have this. Otherwise maybe the likes of carrolls? They sell all things irishy!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i saw body paint in the art & hobby shop in blackrock, think theres one in jervis in town and one in dundrum, might be worth looking there.

I don't know about not being mental but the joke shop beside the gaiety will probably have this. Otherwise maybe the likes of carrolls? They sell all things irishy!
    Was there not last year, but the year before, think 2 days before halloween. That was crazzzy!
    Might take a gander in carrols,
    Doubt either have anything substantial, or thick ?

• Advertisement

sar84 wrote: »
    i saw body paint in the art & hobby shop in blackrock, think theres one in jervis in town and one in dundrum, might be worth looking there.

Cheers Sar, might take a gander there. Anywhere else, incase they are all out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Like this?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62400480&postcount=49

I got mine from the Fancy dress shop in Limerick.

You will be cold.
    And taxis will not stop for you. And people will laugh.

You will also have green on you for days.

HA!

Yea, similar. Except I'll be wearing a t-shirt rather than topless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Most fancy dress shops will have 'Snazaroo' brand skin paint, it's water based, very easy to apply and remove, it's what my clown friend uses, and I use it for colouring supporters for our sports teams.

• Advertisement

taram wrote: »
    Most fancy dress shops will have 'Snazaroo' brand skin paint, it's water based, very easy to apply and remove, it's what my clown friend uses, and I use it for colouring supporters for our sports teams.
    Funnily enough, I just did a bit of Googling and came across this. Found a local shop to sell it too.

The tubs they sell are 18ml. How well does it spread, or how many tubs should I get? Its to cover my legs (just above knees down) and arms from just below shoulder and my face + neck.

half a tub did the entire me. You just wet a sponge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

If you cant get a cream type thing you could try a spray for hair, it works just as well :D

Best of luck :D

Jumpy wrote: »
    half a tub did the entire me. You just wet a sponge.

Sound !

Cheers Jumpy!:D

If you cant get a cream type thing you could try a spray for hair, it works just as well :D

Best of luck :D

Ta - Will take a pic on the night and show the result :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Taram is that easy to take off ?. See I'm going to use light grey and I have to work the following day .Am I still going to look like a ghost ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

BumbleB wrote: »
    Taram is that easy to take off ?. See I'm going to use light grey and I have to work the following day .Am I still going to look like a ghost ?.
    Definitly! I usually just use a face wipe and it comes off with no scrubbing at it or anything, or a shower and some soap.

Unfortunatly found that fake blood doesn't even come off my skin with nail polish remover :P I put some on my neck last night to see how it'd last for Halloween night and I look like I have a hickey :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Definitly! I usually just use a face wipe and it comes off with no scrubbing at it or anything, or a shower and some soap.

Unfortunatly found that fake blood doesn't even come off my skin with nail polish remover :P I put some on my neck last night to see how it'd last for Halloween night and I look like I have a hickey :p

a hickey from a vampire ,lol !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

snazaroo paint (and indeed all reputable brands of face/body paint!) comes off pretty easily. If it's water based, (Snazaroo is), then it should come off with just water, and your normal soap.
    A tip for removing it from your body - get a small amount of soap and water and lather up BEFORE you step under the hot shower. Once you get in the shower, your pores open up, and the paint sinks in, making it harder to get off (voice of experience speaking!). Also, green is one of the colours more prone to staining - if you're still vaguely green after washing, then apply moisturizer, wait for 10 mins, then lather and rinse again!
    Did you find you body paint? As mentioned, snazaroo is widely available in Ireland (though there might have been a run on it for halloween!), and is skin safe, easy to apply (use a baby's bath sponge cut into pieces - spray the paint with water to "activate" the cake, and dab on!) and easy to remove.
    If you didn't find any, you might try calling a local face painter / body painter, who might do a private appointment for you, if they're not already fully booked for halloween.
    Have fun!

Hi Guys

As promised, brief review of the Snazaroo paint.

Took a lot longer to apply, and slightly harder than expected to apply (& apply evenly)
    Then, taking it off took a good while too. Had a shower that night so it wouldnt be all over the bed, was no point really, barely any came off. Had to have another shower, but as advised by Nmoore, I had to get loads of shower gel and lather up thickly, then get into hot shower, and scrub off, but it came off ok then. Still a little around my fingernails, but I can live with that !

All that being said, the paint itself is brilliant....really vibrant colour, especially in photos, everyone commented on it ! Well worth the hassle, but if your using it, make sure your not falling out of bed into work the next morning, need to give time to scrub off. And be prepared to clean up the bathroom / clothes etc the next day too !

Few pics attached.

Cheers for all your help & suggestions

Spy
    4068599640_c58bc52211_m.jpg
    4067847415_4339ae98d4_m.jpg
    4067846807_afdde9e9b2_m.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

excellent costume! Good job with the snazaroo too! Next year, you could get adventurous and do your whole torso, like this! (i painted my brother)

NMoore wrote: »
    excellent costume! Good job with the snazaroo too! Next year, you could get adventurous and do your whole torso, like this! (i painted my brother)
    Thanks,

Nah, wouldnt have the balls to be honest, dont have a body like the hulk, so not gonna spoil it, ha!

Well done on your bro, looks excellent !

Advertisement