Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scanning Photos

• 27-10-2009 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hello,

I've just found a load of photos and i'd like to get them scaned onto CD/PC. But i don't have a scanner. Can anybody recommend anywhere in Dublin City Centre that will do this.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Any mini lab (fuji centre type of place) will be able to do them but if you've lots then be prepared for a whopper of a bill for doing it. You may be better buying a scanner and doing them yourself. Honestly. Unless perhaps you can negotiate a deal with one of the mini labs for bulk work. Scanning is a long and tedious process which is why there is a significant cost attached, but it is perfectly do-able by yourself if you get yourself a scanner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I work part-time in a mini-lab (not in town though) and we charge e1 per scan or 50 cent in bulk so it can be quite expensive if you've a few to get done. Good point is that it's a really good Epson scanner which has a few nice features, bad point is definitely the cost.

A good scanner in the house comes in handy way more often than you'd first think though and personally it's the choice I'd go for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Out of curiosity how long would it take to scan an image in and apply corrective treatments if needed? For a euro per image I imagine it's something like a min max?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

Out of curiosity how long would it take to scan an image in and apply corrective treatments if needed? For a euro per image I imagine it's something like a min max?

Depends on how fast the scanner is and how much work needs to be done to he picture i would say 3 min per photo maybe.

Your better of with buying a scanner there very cheap and very handy to have

As the person above said, depends on the resolution people want stuff scanned at. Some people ask for things at 1200 DPI and the scanner can take over 10 minutes to get it done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

woooooow, so if you scan hi-res you onlu charge 1 euro?

to setup a scan properly take at least a couple of mins, then wait for scanner for maybe up to 10 mins, then save it to something, even without retouching that still could be 5 mins of actual work, for 1 euro WOW

stcstc wrote: »
    woooooow, so if you scan hi-res you onlu charge 1 euro?

to setup a scan properly take at least a couple of mins, then wait for scanner for maybe up to 10 mins, then save it to something, even without retouching that still could be 5 mins of actual work, for 1 euro WOW
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

oh sorry no i wasnt being smart

I just surprised that it can be done for that little

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Yeah that's why I asked. It justs seems ridiculously cheap, my father has Epson scanner here at home and does hi-res scans that take 5-10 minutes depending on how much work has to go into prep and adjusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭An Ard Ri

Thanks for the replies. Think i'll buy a scanner.

• Advertisement
Advertisement