Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Degree in Physical Therapy or Neuromuscular Therapy? - Advice needed

Options
  • 27-10-2009 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong section.

I need advice, I'm thinking of participating in a course next year, with offer a BSc Degree in Physical Therapy - IPTAS. the other is a MSc Degree in Neuromuscular Therpay.

A couple of Options I have.

A} On the www.ntc.ie website you can do a National Certificate in Neuromuscular & Physical Therapy, from there after passing you can go forward for a Higher Diploma in Neuromuscular Therapy (H. Dip. NMT). total would be over 4 years.

B} B.Sc. degree course on offer at The institute of Physical Therapy, www.iptas.ie. Over 3 years.

c} Masters Degree in Neuromuscular Therapy, 3 - 4 years. T.B.C. www.ntc.ie

I guess what i'm asking is, which of these qualification would be the more sought after in today's world?
    It's hard to know with getting advice from someone who's already in the field.

Any and all words of advice are greatly appreciated,
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Moved to Education sub-forum, from general Health Sciences forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

I'm reviving this thread as Im interested to know as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 oliviareilly

great post would love to hear the opinions of previous students on this.

Advertisement