Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which bands deserve their own game?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

If only it was that easy in real life! :(

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

youtube snip
    Ah, hacked GH2, those were the days. Bring back the Red gibson I say!
    Jackobyte wrote: »
    The Killers.

Source stuff from:
    *Hot Fuss
    *Sam's Town
    *Sawdust
    *Day & Age

that really would make my day... Probably not enough material though. Perhaps DLC???
    Not a killers fan, but I do think there's enough stuff there for their own game. Definitely wouldn't mind some more DLC from them, their drummer is a talented man and they're songs people know, so that's always good.
    avenged sevenfold.
    As much as I hate and I mean, hate, avenged 7fold, every song of theirs on GH and RB has been extremely fun to play. Beast and the Harlot on GH2 remains one of my all time favourite tracks.
    pantera maybe as well
    No, please no...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Ah, hacked GH2, those were the days. Bring back the Red gibson I say!

Not a killers fan, but I do think there's enough stuff there for their own game. Definitely wouldn't mind some more DLC from them, their drummer is a talented man and they're songs people know, so that's always good.

As much as I hate and I mean, hate, avenged 7fold, every song of theirs on GH and RB has been extremely fun to play. Beast and the Harlot on GH2 remains one of my all time favourite tracks.

No, please no...

yeah i didnt expect A7X to go down well but thats the GH i'd like :D

pantera would be fun but i dont really care haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

yeah i didnt expect A7X to go down well but thats the GH i'd like :D

pantera would be fun but i dont really care haha

Love after life in rock band one of my favourites, don't see a pantera game because they have ZERO easy songs, but what happened to the Pantera dlc we were promised????? Or was it released already?????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Queen
    Foo Fighters
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers
    The Who
    Pink Floyd
    Bon Jovi
    U2
    AC/DC
    Rolling Stones

Not that I'd buy any of those games necessarily (aside from AC/DC and Foos and absolutely Queen) but they all have the international appeal and back catalogue to make it sell, think Van Halen will bomb outside of the U.S, we'll see

• Advertisement

Queen
    Van Halen will bomb outside of the U.S, we'll see

It'll bomb in the US too I think, sure they were giving away a voucher for a free copy with guitar hero 5 over there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Give me Yes: Rock Band or The Who: Rock Band. Thank you.

Though not a band or anything I'd love Prince:Rock Band or Guitar Hero

Queen

AC/DC

Not that I'd buy any of those games necessarily (aside from AC/DC and Foos and absolutely Queen) but they all have the international appeal and back catalogue to make it sell, think Van Halen will bomb outside of the U.S, we'll see

Welcome also, to 2009 speedboatchase!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rock_Band_track_packs#AC.2FDC_Live:_Rock_Band_Track_Pack
    Though it wasn't a game as such :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'd like a Led Zep one. Some great songs by them

• Advertisement

Welcome also, to 2009 speedboatchase!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rock_Band_track_packs#AC.2FDC_Live:_Rock_Band_Track_Pack
    Though it wasn't a game as such :rolleyes:

Ugh, I'm well aware of the AC/DC track pack, but it was a lazy rip-off and not the master recordings. They deserve the full treatment, guitars, downloadable albums, avatars etc afforded to Beatles

Apologies in that case ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

Guns and roses rockband

Guns N Roses...maybe not enough material though :(
    hithere10 wrote: »
    Guns and roses rockband

hithere 10, please read the whole thread before posting, it's only about 3 pages long. And when you are posting, please try to make it insightful. Consider this an informal warning

Radiohead maybe? It'd be nice to have something more than Creep. Some stuff off In Rainbows would be very suitable.

And actually, Onion, I'm really not liking your dissing of Pearl Jam! They are quality, and I'd definitely buy a Pearl Jam game...OR! A Seattle game, with Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Mother Love Bone and Temple of the Dog. That'd be unreal.

Pearl Jam are the dullest "big" rock band of all time. Wreck my head. Radiohead I could dig though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I would buy these in heartbeat:

Guns n' Roses
    Bon Jovi (fun)
    Bruce - or at least a few more DLC.
    Tom Petty
    An 80's hairband release, with Whitesnake, Def Leppard, Extreme, Poison etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Pearl Jam are the dullest "big" rock band of all time. Wreck my head. Radiohead I could dig though...

Heresy! Just because they don't make videos so there's only 3-4 songs that ever get played anywhere doesn't make them boring! With the exception of the current album and a blip around 2001 when they cut their hair and their live shows became a little bit pedestrian, they are the business.

Iron Maiden. They have the back catalogue. They have the prestige. They have the international appeal. They have the variety of difficulty levels. They have 3 guitarists and a bass player for 6-player online madness. Throw in a minigame between gigs where the lead singer has to fly a plane while the rest of you drink and some means of mirroring your career progress through the evolution of your stage set / Eddie... 36 chambers of Aw Sum. For early shows, you could even have a dedicated Eddie in the band, using a balance board, M+ and nunchuck to stomp around the stage "frightening" the crowd. I smell a collectors edition set of latex masks...

@JayP - My Iron Lung is on the RB2 shop I think. Not exactly Electioneering but it'd do :)
    I like their music, but would post-Bends Radiohead work in the context of the game?

Banjo wrote: »
    @JayP - My Iron Lung is on the RB2 shop I think. Not exactly Electioneering but it'd do :)
    I like their music, but would post-Bends Radiohead work in the context of the game?

I guess it wouldn't really work... I just properly thought about it and I guess none of the stuff from Amnesiac or Kid A could actually work.... There are some songs with guitars, but not very much. The vocals are fairly weird, and the drums are done on computer! Haha! I should think these things through a bit! In Rainbows would defintely work though, like I said. Some stuff on Hail To The Thief would work too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭xbox gamer

I've noticed that nobody has said Coldplay yet. Id love them to have a game, but maybe they don't have enough material yet (4 albums) and aren't really classed as a rock band. Maybe one for the future.

I can really see U2 getting one
    • loads of material to choose from
    • known across the world
    • no songs released on RB as of yet
    • they were impressed with the Beatles RB
    • etc, etc.
    My 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

a U2 game? no way, it would be way too boring!!

Banjo wrote: »
    Heresy! Just because they don't make videos so there's only 3-4 songs that ever get played anywhere doesn't make them boring! With the exception of the current album and a blip around 2001 when they cut their hair and their live shows became a little bit pedestrian, they are the business.
    Theirs just something I don't like about them. Just the way I've always felt. Meh!
    Iron Maiden. They have the back catalogue. They have the prestige. They have the international appeal. They have the variety of difficulty levels. They have 3 guitarists and a bass player for 6-player online madness. Throw in a minigame between gigs where the lead singer has to fly a plane while the rest of you drink and some means of mirroring your career progress through the evolution of your stage set / Eddie... 36 chambers of Aw Sum. For early shows, you could even have a dedicated Eddie in the band, using a balance board, M+ and nunchuck to stomp around the stage "frightening" the crowd. I smell a collectors edition set of latex masks...

Iron Maiden would be good, and your minigames sound class! It reminds me of this
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/495913
    xbox gamer wrote: »
    I've noticed that nobody has said Coldplay yet. Id love them to have a game, but maybe they don't have enough material yet (4 albums) and aren't really classed as a rock band. Maybe one for the future.

I can really see U2 getting one
    • loads of material to choose from
    • known across the world
    • no songs released on RB as of yet
    • they were impressed with the Beatles RB
    • etc, etc.
    My 2 cents.

Ha, over my dead body! Possibly my favourite thread in this forum!

Guitar Hero : U2 would be totally fine with me ;)

I can definitely see it happening. It'd suck ass, but I still think it's a very major possibility.

They've nothing remotely challenging on any instrument, even with the beatles, there's seems to be the tough ones to FC on drums and guitar etc. U2 are just so dull...

Which is why it'd be ultra-lame!

So it's settled, all talk of any U2 related Rock Bands or Guitar Heros will result in a millennium long site wide ban*

*WARNING: this is probably not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Thousand year band here I come! Rock Band U2 please! Everyone has their opinion, but it's a fact that U2 are one of the biggest bands in the world with one of the biggest followings in the world too. So it makes a lot of business sense to choose them, especially given that they're interested it the idea.

Visuals are another reason to choose U2. You have some really great videos to draw inspiration from, for example I can already see a stage set in the video for Where the Streets Have No Name, echoing The Beatles final stage on Apple Corps rooftop. Their tours have been consistently visually striking as well. Not to mention the change in the bands own style throughout the years, I can already see slicked back hair and bug eye shades Bono pulling shapes on stage :D Plus seeing Dublin in a Rock Band game would be great! :)

Gameplay-wise the drums would be great as would the vocals and bass would be fine, but I who really cares about bass ;) Now obviously Edge uses effects a lot so the songs wouldnt be very complex at all and the guitar would be pretty dull, remedy? An effects pedal. I dont think it'd be that hard to implement really and it would add a new feature to the game.

Another one I'd like to see would be Rock Band: Pink Floyd. The story of the band is almost perfect for Rock Band. You could start off with a stage with Syd Barrett-era Floyd, then the bulk of the game consisting of Gilmour/Waters era album by album, a stage for Gilmour led Floyd (probably The Division Bell Tour which was a spectacle) and then the final stage being the reuinion at Live Aid, ending the game on a positive note. Obviously visually it'd be amazing too.

Then it the beyond longshot category, Rock Band: Primus! (At least give us some DLC!)

One thing that will hold back some bands could be lineup changes, would be kinda crappy to have a rotating band lineup like that in a game. Also there'd be the matter of getting ex-members to agree to allow their likeness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Foo Fighters. Imagine ripping it up with "The Pretender" or "Best of You" in your sitting room!!! heaven!!!:P

Advertisement