Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which bands deserve their own game?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

There's a bajillion Foo Fighter songs for DLC already, no more!
    robby^5 wrote: »
    Thousand year ban here I come! Rock Band U2 please! Everyone has their opinion, but it's a fact that U2 are one of the biggest bands in the world with one of the biggest followings in the world too. So it makes a lot of business sense to choose them, especially given that they're interested it the idea.
    In no way does large amount of fans mean large amount of quality. Look at the Irish charts this week for evidence of this.
    Visuals are another reason to choose U2. You have some really great videos to draw inspiration from, for example I can already see a stage set in the video for Where the Streets Have No Name, echoing The Beatles final stage on Apple Corps rooftop. Their tours have been consistently visually striking as well. Not to mention the change in the bands own style throughout the years, I can already see slicked back hair and bug eye shades Bono pulling shapes on stage :D Plus seeing Dublin in a Rock Band game would be great! :)
    I'll give you that one, the stages would be very nice, but then we could have that stage where they're celebrating the fall of the berlin wall, and they do an open air concert where the wall was, only to build a wall around it to keep non ticket holders out :P
    Gameplay-wise the drums would be great as would the vocals and bass would be fine, but I who really cares about bass ;) Now obviously Edge uses effects a lot so the songs wouldnt be very complex at all and the guitar would be pretty dull, remedy? An effects pedal. I dont think it'd be that hard to implement really and it would add a new feature to the game.
    Never heard a difficult U2 song on drums to be honest. Vocals would be the only real draw (if you're into U2), guitar as you said would be 4 notes over and over with an array of effects turned on, and yes, people do play bass, and yes, it would be awful! The effects pedal wouldn't work, all you have to do is press it once to turn on the "delay" effect and off you go, pseudo great guitarist!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    In no way does large amount of fans mean large amount of quality. Look at the Irish charts this week for evidence of this.

Well I never said that it did :)

What I said was that regardless of wheter or not you like the band they are huge, absolutely frikkin huge and you cant deny that. Once a band gets as ridiculously big as U2 have, there's bound to be as many critics as there are fans which makes for a lot of critics.

So it makes a lot of business sense to make a Rock Band: U2.
    Never heard a difficult U2 song on drums to be honest. Vocals would be the only real draw (if you're into U2), guitar as you said would be 4 notes over and over with an array of effects turned on, and yes, people do play bass, and yes, it would be awful! The effects pedal wouldn't work, all you have to do is press it once to turn on the "delay" effect and off you go, pseudo great guitarist!

Ok well I suppose we differ here, I care more about liking the songs than their difficulty and I play on expert drums. Beatles Rock Band had except for a couple of songs very simple drumming (havent done guitar/bass yet, just drums/vocals) on expert but it's still my favourite RB game by far. So difficulty isnt everything to everyone.

And I'm no difficulty whore either, most of my favourite songs aren't final tier, but I think most games need to have that final tier of difficulty, which imo, just wouldn't be there in RB:U2.

And aside from all that, I simply can't stand the music :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I heard harmonix have this weird opt out clause with their games, where if you think it's going to be a steaming pile of poo (which I think a U2 would be and u2 are :D) you don't have to play it or even buy it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Foo Fighters. Imagine ripping it up with "The Pretender" or "Best of You" in your sitting room!!! heaven!!!:P

im imagining it...not as great as u said :P:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

im imagining it...not as great as u said :P:P
    U obviously ain't as big a Foo Fighter fan as me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Nah but i like a fair few of their songs. my free live trail ran out and was gunna download Wheels but that's life :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

RB: Dream Theater
    Or just RB: Prog Rock/Prog Metal

*drools*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

Nah but i like a fair few of their songs. my free live trail ran out and was gunna download Wheels but that's life :(

You don't need a live subscription to download new songs just the M$ points ;)

EDIT: Was wondering how many posters in this thread took part in the weekly challenge !!!!!! Go on doooooooooooooo it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I would like to see the following incorporated into a Rock Band Rock game:

Pink Floyd
    Led Zeppelin
    The Cure
    Rolling Stones
    Aerosmith
    AC/DC
    Alice Cooper
    Audioslave
    Depeche Mode
    Eric Clapton
    Guns n Roses
    Jimi Hendrix
    Lost Prophets
    Motorhead
    R.A.T.M
    Rush
    Silverchair
    Thin Lizzy
    Whitesnake

If they could put all those bands on one disc, I would be very happy

Well, you don't ask for much do you? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Well, you don't ask for much do you? :p

Well the top 3 are what I would consider the favorites.

I'd love to be able to play the bass for Floyd's "Money"

Guitar for Led Zep's "Kashmir" and "Stairway to Heaven"

And Bass for The Cure's "Disintegration" and "Prayers for Rain"

If I could find a game that had those songs, I would be a happy man.

And a bit of Clapton, Rush and possibly some Hendrix but other than that, the rest would be fillers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I would like to see the following incorporated into a Rock Band Rock game:

Pink Floyd
    Led Zeppelin
    The Cure
    Rolling Stones
    Aerosmith
    AC/DC
    Alice Cooper
    Audioslave
    Depeche Mode
    Eric Clapton
    Guns n Roses
    Jimi Hendrix
    Lost Prophets
    Motorhead
    R.A.T.M
    Rush
    Silverchair
    Thin Lizzy
    Whitesnake

If they could put all those bands on one disc, I would be very happy

I'd buy that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Spice Girls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_Am_The_Walrus

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Muse. They have some great guitar heavy songs.

Would love it! Plug in Baby, New Born & Assassin would be awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

Fall out boy / emo bands
    emo hero now that will be some game

cmpunk wrote: »
    Fall out boy / emo bands
    emo hero now that will be some game
    It's been done, tbh

guitar-emo.jpg

Look at all those cool, hip kids!

It's been done, tbh

Look at all those cool, hip kids!

:eek: I want this , while ur on pick a new song seeing as you bags'd it earlier in the week :rolleyes: there is a shiny NEW xbox that needs a challenge here , and a RB guitar that has had its scratch plate painted black that needs to be played after it dry's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

But do you no what you will all get it and it be fun to play overdrive will be called curting whrists time

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    :eek: I want this , while ur on pick a new song seeing as you bags'd it earlier in the week :rolleyes: there is a shiny NEW xbox that needs a challenge here , and a RB guitar that has had its scratch plate painted black that needs to be played after it dry's
    That will have to wait til tomorrow I'm afraid. I'm sure you understand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Advertisement