Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor Costs

Options
  • 27-10-2009 8:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

What are solicitor costs these days for buying a house? Are they still generally chancing their arm with the old 1% thing? What extras are usual? Are they inclusive or exclusive?

Not looking for definitive answers, just guidelines.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Harpic

It would pay to shop around these days as solicitors are struggling too.
    Expect to pay around an average of 1800 all in but you could get lucky and pay less if you do the shopping bit

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Whisper87

i got one for €1600 all in.. He charges a half percent.. Ferry's Solicitors!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

Haggle.....haggle....haggle :p

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BarneyMagee

Make sure you get a price or quote that includes the:

- Outlay (ie land registry fees etc. This can cost up to €900 even for a straightforward sale)
    - Solicitor's fee
    - Vat (often they made exclude this)

So just make sure you get an all in quote.
    Some guys will say they will do it for €1,500 but then charge you the Vat afterwards.
    Others may offer you extras like a will which might be something you want.

I'm paying just over €2,000 all in becuase I went with someone with a very good reputation who would move quickly but as others have said you can get much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

we paid about 2000 euro

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Consumers must be quoted the price including VAT for any product or service. If you asked for the quote as an individual (rather than as a business), the price they quote is the price you pay. If they try to hit you for VAT afterwards, you can tell them to go fish.

Advertisement