If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a 32" LCD HDTV for around €500 - mostly used for gaming (Xbox 360).

Options
  • 27-10-2009 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

At the moment I'm using a Philips 32" HD ready model I got about a year ago and I'm fairly happy with it but I'm looking to pick up a second TV for my bedroom. It will mostly be used for Xbox 360 gaming but will have Sky+HD on it too.

I want to spend around €500 although I'll spend a little bit more if there's a good reason!

I'm not too fussed on size as long but I think 32" seems to be the best fit for the room / price point. I've been taking a look at some of the models on Komplett and it seems that there are literally dozens of options for my budget.

The main worrying points I have are:
    1. Input lag - I've been reading that some models suffer from bad input lag which hinders performance of games consoles?
    2. 1080p v. 720p - I've also read that at 32" and below you really can't tell the difference between FullHD and not?
    3. 100hz - and finally I also saw in a couple of reviews that at 32" you're better off choosing 100hz over FullHD if it's only one or the other?
    Does you have any suggestions for a solid gaming TV in or around my budget?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.