Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Novel...

Options
  • 27-10-2009 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

We're starting our novel after the mid-term and our teacher is in two-minds about which to choose, either 'An Trial' or 'Torriocht Diarmuid agus Gráinne' (open to spelling corrections!!:rolleyes:).

Was just wondering what everyone else is going doing/done? And if ye've any ideas on which is easier to answer on in the exam?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Mary007

Can't speak for the others but An Trial is a good drama, plus loads of stuff in it that you can write about for the exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'm doing An Triail and it's a great story, can't wait to finish it :D
    Looks like there's a lot to talk about but i havn't started questions on it yet. I'm sure your teacher knows what they are doing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SweetEnough

Well all the other teachers in the school do An Trial, but she did the other one for her own leaving cert. and prefers the story to it.. But she's going to see which one the class in general would prefer to do!
    Everyone seems to do An Trial though, and was wondering if it'd be better to maybe do the one that's not so common ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I'm asking you, as a personal favour, not to go near the Toriacht, it is a brilliantly interesting story, but not worth the effort!

Barely has a plot either..........

It was my favourite part of LC Irish, but it caused me so much hassle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭laura93

My class did An Triail
    It's grand, and you get the idea without having to understand it all
    It's easy to write on as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Do An Triail. Toraocht is a fine story but quite difficult for some LC students to grasp.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Did an Trial too, tis very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

I teach An Triail every year..Never fails with answering the exam questions..plus you cant go wrong with the answers as 90% of them are based on the carachters...the same questions come up year in and year out just phrased differently, so get reading and practicing...
    the key is a good summary of each act and carachter notes.

Advertisement