Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Age and Your Favourite 'English' team?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

Nottm Forest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

22 Liverpool.

I've often thought that age could effect how Pool fans view Rafa and their expectation of the club and him. I grew up supporting a Liverpool side that didn't really win much (League Cup in 1995 was the only throphy for the first 7 years or so of me supporting them).

I often think that Rafa doubters may be much younger fans and/or Istanbul bandwagoners, or perhaps older fans who experienced the golden days of the 80s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

18, Liverpool

Been supporting them since I was 9, when my favourite player at the time, Emile Heskey, moved there from Leicester City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Tomthepost wrote: »
    This has been running a week now so we have a decent sample size. Based on results posters have identified 24 different 'English' teams they support.
    Man Ud 26.1%
    Liverpool 18%
    Arsenal 11.8%
    Chelsea 7.5%
    Leeds 6.8% (Fair Play!)
    Villa 5% (Ahead of Spurs and Everton MON would be happy)
    Spurs 4.4%
    Everton 3.1%
    Newcastle 3.1%
    QPR 1.8% (What?)
    Man City 1.8% (Will be interesting to see if this takes off!)
    Notts Forest 1.3%
    Norwich 1.3%
    Preston 1.3% (The oldest posters on boards!)
    Westham 1.3%
    Blackburn 0.6%
    Sunderland 0.6% (Where they gone;))
    Hull 0.6%
    Watford 0.6%
    Middlesboro 0.6%
    Stoke 0.6%
    Portsmouth 0.6%
    Tranmere 0.6%
    Burton 0.6%
    Bedtime!
    I will have a look at ages and see if any patterns emerge and report back.
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    Yeah I did a big survey on it about a year ago. Haven't the time to go dig it out.

Here's the thread from 18 months ago that I was talking about -

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055280556

Advertisement