Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doocey's Football Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

GAA Football Matches Kerry v Down
    31-07-2010 14:00
    Alternative Handicap
    Kerry (-3.0) @ 1.72

€50 on that, hope they do the job.
    If they play anything like they have in Croker in recent years, I should be collecting a bit of dosh.

Well that doesn't seem like a winner! Down cruising, but Kerry never out of it.

Haven't seen Kerry play so badly in my life, taking nothing away from Down though, some serious football being played by them, some of them scores were fantastic.

Win some lose some and this most definitely is a loser.

Following Pyro's tip here.

Licence To Till 9/2
    €25 E/W = €50.

Here's hoping.!

Dead-heat applied.

Rule 4.

€100.79c returned.

Ah well, could've won, but profit is profit.

• Advertisement

Bet for tonight, Cardiff really should do it.
    After coming from behind against Sheffield United in the nPower Championship and snatching a draw, they really should have too much for Burton Albion, two divisions below them.

Time will tell!

£100 on Cardiff to win @ 4/9

Ah well now, Cardiff ye absolute tossers.
    Hope ye reach the pits of administration, get relegated from the Coca Cola Championship and are forced to sell their assets on the cheap.
    Pure utter ****e from them

Should've went with my instinct of betting against Sheffield United :(

Like the look of Sevilla and Anderlech tonight, with maybe even Werder Bremen as DNB.
    Might bet, might not, we'll see come closer kick-off.! :)

Right.

10pts on Watford to Qualify @ 1/3

Watford have had a very good start to the season, and haven't lost so far, with two wins, and two draws.
    Hopefully, tonight will be where they start winning again and at home to a side a division below them will suit for sure.
    There's talk of giving a couple of new strikers a run out, but besides that, it looks as if makay will field a strong side.

Also, if I'm correct, Lee Hughes is missing for County (Could be wrong here) and he's their hope for goals if they were to score tonight.

Anyway, I've gone with "To Qualify" because it's the same odds as the DNB, and this tie could well go to ET, who knows.
    Perfect scenario - 3 nil to Watford on the night.

Here's Hoping!

That's really poor from me.
    Last two bets should've been winners but the beauty of football huh?

Ah well, I'm not a man to worry and I'll make that back over the course of the next three weeks :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

hey whats the story,how the lc go for ya..

unlucky with the last few bets..
    by the way whats the story with the log,do you work off pts or money as its a bit confusing when your using both with no starting bank..

coughlan08 wrote: »
    hey whats the story,how the lc go for ya..

unlucky with the last few bets..
    by the way whats the story with the log,do you work off pts or money as its a bit confusing when your using both with no starting bank..

Went well enough, got me Arts in Galway anyway :)

Well, I'll have to start doing the maths here, because my last few bets, I haven't kept a record of them as to how they stand with the balance.
    From my next bet on I will though :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Thread moved and name changed at request of OP.

Right, we're in for a good weekend of football anyway before the International break and it'll be even better if we can make some money on it too! :)

There's only really three games in the Premier League this week that interest me, and I'll only be having small bets at that on them. They are as follows :

Chelsea v Stoke :

1pt on Chelsea -1 v Stoke.
    1pt on Chelsea -2 v Stoke.

I really can't see Chelsea messing up here to be perfectly honest. As we've seen already, six goals at home, and six goals away. With Stoke without Kenwyne Jones, who will be a big source of their goals this year - I really can't see them scoring at all tomorrow. They do have a fairly sturdy defence when needed but I still can't see them resisting Chelsea attack upon attack. As well as that, Ramires may well make his appearance and is quick, too quick for any of the Stoke full backs!

Tottenham v Wigan Athletic :
    1pt on Tottenham -1 @ 4/6 - Coral
    3pts on Tottenham to win to nil @ 11/10 - Coral

We all know how Wigan have started the season, an embarassing four nil defeat to newly promoted Blackpool at home, then a six nil loss to Chelsea on home soil again.
    I suppose there's two things Wigan are hoping for tomorrow and that's to finally score a goal, and also to avoid anything like what happened here a year ago, an 8-0 to Spurs.

Again, Spurs are on the back of a very good win in mid-week and should score goals here tomorrow. At the very least I'd expect 2-0 to Redknapp's men but then again stranger things have happened. If Wigan do manage to pull a result out of the bag here, I'll be very very surprised. I would be tempted to do a -2 on Spurs, but I won't push my luck too far, as a two to nothing scoreline would do me just fine.

Can Wigan score at White Hart Lane? With N'Zogbia looking for the door, and him being one of their main sources going forward, I can't see Boselli exactly taking the roof off the place. 11/10 for Spurs to win to nil is a great price IMO and they really should deliver. However, football being football, anything could happen.

Wolves v Newcastle United :

.5pt on Newcastle DNB @ 6/5 - Paddy Power

I suppose my heart and head are working away here. After a very comprehensive 6-0 win to Newcastle against Villa, one can only expect that they put up a strong effort against Wolves too.

As a Newcastle United fan, I do think we can win it, but there's more chance we won't, yet at the same time, I don't think we'll lose. I certainly hope not anyway! We have enough quality to score a goal or two at Wolves but they have the quality too, to indeed punish any meagre defending that will occur!

I think it'll be a score draw, but we might snatch it - small staked bet.

Other bets with no write-ups that I'll have mini bets on are :

Brentford v Rochdale :
    .25pts on Rochdale DNB @ 12/5 - Bet365

Rochdale are up against a tough test here, with Brentford coming off a very good cup win against Hull, but I fancy Rochie's chances here, to at least scrape a draw and give me my money back at the least.

Plymouth Argyle v Peterborough :
    .5pts on Peterborough DNB @ 11/10 - Coral.

These are the two sides who took the plunge into League 1 after poor Championship seasons and for me, Peterborough could nick the three important points here. They've two wins from two already and haven't any injury worries, just going with my gut here, hence the small stake, but slightly bigger than the Rochdale one.

STAKED : 7.25PTS.

Here's hoping! :)

One more, hopefully to make me money!

9pts on Chelsea to win to nil @ 10/11 - Coral.

Biggest bet for tomorrow, will be watching that game very closely indeed!

Probably just in profit for today.
    My lower league selections came through comprehensively, but Spurs as I said could happen, faltered when needed most.
    Chelsea should've won 3-0 with Kalou in the final minutes but you'll have that!

Just as well I did my biggest bet on them to win to nil though :)

Will do the maths later :)

Still have to add and subtract, will do later.

Looking at a possible double of AC Milan & Sampdoria today.
    Samp are 5/4 at home to Napoli which is tempting, but I'll probably refrain.

Should've went with my instinct.
    Milan 4-0 Leece
    Samp 2-0 Lazio.

Would've been a nice auld double :(

Ah well, next time! :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Thread moved.

Had to move it to stop the revolt. :pac:

No worries :)

• Advertisement

Looking at the CHÂTEAUROUX v EVIAN THONON GAILLARD match in Ligue 2 tonight.

Fancy Cháteauroux for this mainly because their at home, on the back of two successive victories, and their opponents are exactly the opposite. Evian have succumbed to two straight defeats including at home to Tours.

Cháteauroux will be full of confidence after beating Le Mans away from home and I think they'll extend their good form tonight.

1pt on Cháteauroux to win @ 8/5 - Bet365.

For a bit of fun more than anything, but if it wins it'll be a nice earner.
    Will add more bets tonight.
    :)

Doocey wrote: »
    Looking at the CHÂTEAUROUX v EVIAN THONON GAILLARD match in Ligue 2 tonight.

Fancy Cháteauroux for this mainly because their at home, on the back of two successive victories, and their opponents are exactly the opposite. Evian have succumbed to two straight defeats including at home to Tours.

Cháteauroux will be full of confidence after beating Le Mans away from home and I think they'll extend their good form tonight.

1pt on Cháteauroux to win @ 8/5 - Bet365.

For a bit of fun more than anything, but if it wins it'll be a nice earner.
    Will add more bets tonight.
    :)

LOSE, -1 pt.

Lost one nil in the end. Ah well, was only for a bit of fun, even though I didn't get to watch the thing! :pac:

Right, opting for a bet on the International scene tonight even though it could be dodgy stuff indeed.

Ireland v Andorra.

A game we should win and comprehensively but 1/40 for an Irish win is ridiculous to say the least. If our games at home recently under Giovanni Trappatoni are anything to go by, then we won't score anymore than three goals, and for my sake, hopefully we won't.

I'd take a nice three nil win tonight, but there's certianly no value in the -1, -2 or even the -3 handicaps for Ireland. So, with that said, I've opted for some confidence in Andorra tonight. After watching their highlights from the Russia match, I can't see them losing by four, and hopefully they won't for my sake.

Hopefully a cautious approach from Ireland in the first half will end goalless, and they get a couple in the second half to settle the affair.

3pts on Andorra (+4.0) @ 8/11

Here's hoping.

Right, opting for a bet on the International scene tonight even though it could be dodgy stuff indeed.

Ireland v Andorra.

A game we should win and comprehensively but 1/40 for an Irish win is ridiculous to say the least. If our games at home recently under Giovanni Trappatoni are anything to go by, then we won't score anymore than three goals, and for my sake, hopefully we won't.

I'd take a nice three nil win tonight, but there's certianly no value in the -1, -2 or even the -3 handicaps for Ireland. So, with that said, I've opted for some confidence in Andorra tonight. After watching their highlights from the Russia match, I can't see them losing by four, and hopefully they won't for my sake.

Hopefully a cautious approach from Ireland in the first half will end goalless, and they get a couple in the second half to settle the affair.

3pts on Andorra (+4.0) @ 8/11

Here's hoping.

Thanking you Andorra & Ireland :)

Some goals in that game. Brilliant strike from Kevin Doyle & Martinez not to forget Kilbane's lovely opener and indeed Keane's delicate clincher.

Win win for me, Ireland go top with 6 out of 6 and I bank some nice cash that'll go well in college.

3pts on Andorra (+4.0) @ 8/11 = +5.16pts

So if my maths are right, these are the stats :

Bets so far : 10
    Staked so far : 20.25pts
    Returned : 27.16pts
    Profit so far : 6.91pts

Anyway, back from my first week at college, and during some of my few, free nights, I've laid a few horses, and made some money at it.

Anyway nothing as of yesterday appealed to me in any league, but today one bet in particular caught my eye.

Notts County at home to Leyton Orient.

Notts County after coming off a loss to Charlton, at the Valley 1-0 - a very respectable loss mind, whereas Leyton Orient are coming off two defeats, one away to Dag & Red, and the other at home to Huddersfield.

Now I could be way off here, and Leyton Orient might go on to cruise the game, however I'm quite confident Notts County can get back to winning ways at home today.
    I'm playing around here with a bit of horse profit, so it's not a disaster if it doesn't come in, but I'd love if it did.

Also, I managed to get them at 1.87 with Betfair so I'm happy enough to take that.

5pts on Notts County v Leyton Orient @ 1.87

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

bit late now but arsenal everton ac milan werderbremmen 10 accum retuens roughly 70 ish

Not interested in that mate, but thanks.
    I'd never bet against the team I support ;)

Doocey wrote: »
    Anyway, back from my first week at college, and during some of my few, free nights, I've laid a few horses, and made some money at it.

Anyway nothing as of yesterday appealed to me in any league, but today one bet in particular caught my eye.

Notts County at home to Leyton Orient.

Notts County after coming off a loss to Charlton, at the Valley 1-0 - a very respectable loss mind, whereas Leyton Orient are coming off two defeats, one away to Dag & Red, and the other at home to Huddersfield.

Now I could be way off here, and Leyton Orient might go on to cruise the game, however I'm quite confident Notts County can get back to winning ways at home today.
    I'm playing around here with a bit of horse profit, so it's not a disaster if it doesn't come in, but I'd love if it did.

Also, I managed to get them at 1.87 with Betfair so I'm happy enough to take that.

Nice one Hughesie-boy! :D

+ 9.05 pts returned = 4.05pts profit.

• Advertisement

Bets so far : 11
    Staked so far : 25.25pts
    Returned : 36.21pts
    Profit so far : 10.96pts

Long may it continue :)

Advertisement