Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doocey's Football Betting

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Right, nothing really tickles my fancy today either, bar one bet.

Birmingham v Wigan.

Where do I start?
    Birmingham are a side that can put it up to anyone, on any day, at home.
    They suffered a bit of an early shock in the cup this week, losing to West Brom, but it's not a cup they'll be too bothered about.
    Today is a big game for them, for the sake of their home record, and indeed bouncing back from that defeat earlier this week.

As for Wigan, they got the taste of victory in the League Cup which may be a big booster for them today, however we all know what Wigan can be like. Unpredictable as hell.

Anyway, I hope I've predicted it well here, and that Birmingham snatch a nice 2-0 win. Which is also available at 9.8 on Betfair if you're interested.

So, here's my bet :

5pts on Birmingham City WIN v Wigan Athletic @ 1.99

Here's hoping :)

Doocey wrote: »
    Right, nothing really tickles my fancy today either, bar one bet.

Birmingham v Wigan.

Where do I start?
    Birmingham are a side that can put it up to anyone, on any day, at home.
    They suffered a bit of an early shock in the cup this week, losing to West Brom, but it's not a cup they'll be too bothered about.
    Today is a big game for them, for the sake of their home record, and indeed bouncing back from that defeat earlier this week.

As for Wigan, they got the taste of victory in the League Cup which may be a big booster for them today, however we all know what Wigan can be like. Unpredictable as hell.

Anyway, I hope I've predicted it well here, and that Birmingham snatch a nice 2-0 win. Which is also available at 9.8 on Betfair if you're interested.

So, here's my bet :

5pts on Birmingham City WIN v Wigan Athletic @ 1.99

Here's hoping :)

LOSS.

0-0 Draw in the end, when Wigan could've really won to be fair.
    They looked sharper, and indeed looked like the team most likely to score.

Birmingham had about one chance, fell to Jerome, but he couldn't get his shot off.

Not to worry though, win some lose some :)

.96 pts of profit since my last bet, nearly 3 months ago!
    Happy to say I can walk away from it, and pick it up again anytime I want. :)

Anyway, just to reignite this thread, I placed a bet a couple of days ago for this season.

£70 LAY on Manchester City to finish in the top 2 - Barclays Premier League.

I really don't like City, especially since their owners took over. Their outrageous spending maddens me to be honest, especially when you see Carlos Tevez on £286,000 a week, and Yaya Toure on £290,000 every week. Neither are special players, and certainly not Touré.
    Anyway, if you're gonna dislike some team, then why not make some money from their unfortunate endeavours? :D
    Far from safe this bet yet, but I really think City will be very luck to finish in the top 4 this season.

They've been falling in and out for ages now, and even though Tevez reiterated his commitment to City on the field, I don't think it'll be enough to secure them 2nd place.
    Look at it this way :

Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspurs are all better than them, and if justice is done, that is exactly how the Premier League table will finish up.

Maybe City wil record win after win in the New year, but let's hope not.
    I want to be raking in £70 cash from them come May 23rd or so.

Here's hoping.

Staked : £70
    Odds : 4.5
    Liability : £245

Just an update on this; Manchester City can be backed for a Top 2 finish @6.619.5

I layed @4.5 so that's a nice improvement.
    I considered closing the bet with a bit of a profit either way, but I think I might well wait and see this bet out.

Arsenal are five points ahead of City, with a game in hand.
    Although Manchester City's next 5 or so games are winnable, the likes at home to Fulham etc. they still have to go to Stamford Bridge - in a game which I think Chelsea will win.

They're still in the hunt for second place no doubt but if Arsenal can keep performing to their standards, then I think they'll hold on to second place.
    Here's hoping anyway.

Dooce. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Haven't heard from you in a while Dooce,always enjoy reading the thread. Keep up the good work.

• Advertisement

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Haven't heard from you in a while Dooce,always enjoy reading the thread. Keep up the good work.

Cheers man, haven't posted around much but I'm still here looking at peoples logs including yours which has produced nice profit :)
    Keep it up!

Another update:

After Manchester City's draw with Fulham in the Premier League, Arsenal's defeat of Stoke a couple of days before and indeed Chelsea's win at home to United it sees my bet look slightly better.

Manchester City are 10.5 to finish in the Top 2 now, and 36 to lay.
    Consisdering I layed at 4.5 it's nice to see the drift.

I know no ones interested besides myself, but I just wanna keep a record of the drift in the odds.

A lot of football to be played yet though.

Not a football bet this time, but said I'd stick it in here anyway; just to be cool :D

Not a golf expert by any means but I like to think I can notice some value when I see it.
    The US Masters is nearly here, and it should be a treat for all golf die-hards! :D

I'm a big McIlroy fan and think that he might be a little underestimated at this competition.
    Granted it's a seriously hard challenge, and with McIlroy stuttering a bit in his short game, the odds are what they are for a reason.

Saying that, I'm confident he can at the very least make the cut, and hopefully snatch a 6th spot finish or go even better! He finished 20th in his bout here two years ago I believe, so an improvement could be on the cards.

The guy won me money in the Bristish Open last year, and I've faith in him again to perform well.
    It's not likely to happen, but it's value IMO & who knows!

US Masters 2011:

Rory McIlroy E/W @ 28/1 :: Boylesports.

Stake: 2pts E/W

Talk to ye later! :)

Well I don't think I need to remind anyone what happened here.

Led for 3 days at the Masters, final day: he capitulated.
    Back nine he gave up and it was eventually won by a 100/1 shot.

Rory's time will come, and will surely look back at this with some positives.
    Not many people can say they led the Masters by 4 shots and threw it away but not too many can say the led the Masters for 3 days at the age of 21.

His time will come.

Onwards and upwards as they say!

Advertisement