Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Attacked in Palmerstown

• 27-10-2009 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all. Just to let everyone know there is a group of junkies hanging around palmerstown village causing mayhem... My 19 year old brother was assulted by five of them the other night, resulted in a fractured cheek, broken nose and numerous cuts and bruises on him. There was no reason for this attack he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. They didn't even attempt to take his wallet or anything they just wanted to beat someone up. That same night they tried to set fire to a friends car in the driveway and robbed another car on the Avenue which they were in when the guards caught them.... These people (if thats what you'd call them) are not from the area but are living at a premises in the village. The past few weeks there seem to be more and more of the moving in. My whole family is in shock over this attack as it has never happened to him before and as you can imagine it is very traumatic for him....... Everyone should be aware of this problem and be on their guard when out a night, especially around the village and garages. I dread to think of what could have been but thankfully he will be ok.... Thanks for reading my rant.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Sorry to hear about your brother jessbud. I hope he'll be okay. I assume that your family reported this to the Gardaí? Have they arrested these guys, seeing as how they know where they live?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jessbud

Hi. Yeah it was reported to the guards, my brother managed to get away from then and called 999 but they caught up with him and continued to beat him up. When he got home he called the guards again and they were out within half an hour. Cannot fault them one bit, they caught the gang at the premises in the village and my brother was brought up to identify them. They were arrested and charged but knowing this country they will get off with a slap on the wrist even though they all have records... It sickens me to think that they are back on the streets, we found out that two weeks ago a man was assulted at the same garage two weeks ago presumably by the same gang.... Thanks for your reply, hopefully he will get better and not let it affect him too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Glad they were caught :) Hopefully, if they're found guilty they will get put away for a while, although I suspect you're right in your assessment of what might happen...

Just a quick note to say that I don't want any posts from anyone else in this thread identifying these people as that would 'prejudice' any court proceedings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BOOKWORM.1

I'm sorry to hear about your brother. My own brother and his wife have been living in Palmerstown for the past twenty years and have noticed more problems developing in the last year or so. His main concern is the proposed development at VB's old site and what that's going to bring with it. He tried selling up this year but no joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

@ BOOKWORM.1, what is the new development planned at Vinnie B's? Is it more damn apartments :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BOOKWORM.1

Yes I think so. My brother is up in arms about this! Apparently it's quite a large development.

I'm not sure how they think their going to sell them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

An Board F*ckup Pleanala should have their decision on the appeal against the permission granted for the development, on the 16th of December.

I attached a picture of the development. The floor plans are tiny too. Pretty much building VERY low buget 1 and 2 bedroom apartments. There will be some retail space too. The developer is a solicitor turned developer and claims he moved into the business to build more sustainable buildings. So far this means taking a small space and cramming as much into it as possible. :D It's a 220 room bedroom/hotel.

98589.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭LauranceB

That is something else. I lived in Palmerstown a couple of years back and can only imagine how much this will dwarf the village. It looks completely out of place.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,337 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Seeing as we've gone way off topic here I'm closing this thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement