Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Photos?

Options
  • 27-10-2009 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the area (been here about a month now) and was wondering where the best and cheapest place was to go to get some family photos taken in Limerick City or surrounding area? Any help to point me in the right direction would be great! Thanks so much!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 lgclay09

Ok, so does no one get family pictures taken for the holidays? Any reply would be fabulous! Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

family pictures for the holidays ? do you mean like an annual family photo.....I dont think it would be an Irish thing - more of an American thing.

I'm 30 and think we actually had 2 family photos taken (in studios) ..... when we were kids....and those were done for communion/confirmation occasions....I'm 1 of 5 kids.

I am American and am surprised to hear that the Irish do not have photo's taken to remember certain events. My husband laughed at me for even asking this question (he's an Irish citizen). Thanks for your help.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

theres nothing to say you cant keep your tradition alive.... all it would take is a decent photographer or you could probably do it yourself - with a decent camera/basic knowledge of photography......and a tripod.

Yeah my husband said the same thing... It seems kind of silly but I guess in the long run it would save money. I just want to be able to capture our family's first Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll look into them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 notmyname79

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

If you don't mind a trip out west a bit, Ardagh to be exact:

www.bridiemurphy.com

I have seen her wedding and communion photos in the local papers. Don't know her prices, but might be cheaper than up in town.

You certainly have plenty of web sites to choose from by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Liam Byrne wrote: »

my mate, works for Cormac - comes highly recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Cormac did mine too - lovely lad - won't rush you and has great ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 44 robertod

I can personally recommend Liam Wallace. He did family shots for me and some of my extended family, and everyone was very happy with the results.

http://www.liamwallace.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

lgclay09 wrote: »
    Yeah my husband said the same thing... It seems kind of silly but I guess in the long run it would save money. I just want to be able to capture our family's first Christmas.

Honestly, if you are serious about saving money then why not use any of the Christmas family photos available free online?

Family%20Christmas%2004.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭PaddyThai

Way to go Raiser.
    Who's the guy on the far right in the red coat?

Is it one of those apparitions so common these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Raiser wrote: »
    Honestly, if you are serious about saving money then why not use any of the Christmas family photos available free online?

Beware of potential copyright issues, for a start.....just because something is "available online", doesn't mean it's yours to take.

You could end up doing the absolute reverse of saving money!

Advertisement