Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair play to Gardai (the drunk students in Bohermore)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

So the gardai had already taken their names that night. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

Please dont speculate before potential charges are proferred. This thread should be locked. I see the crazy one from sunday was deleted, and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gugsy

Seen the vid and in fairness it looks like they are waiting to go into the house as the guards drive past. its not till after they start kicking in the doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I wonder how brave they'd be in attacking old peoples homes if they knew the old person had a shotgun in the house? No doubt they'll only have to "say sorry", get a light rap on their wrists, and get off scott-free. If made an example of, other students may think twice about terrorizing the old people in Galway:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Fair play to the Gardai here. These students need to be actually brought to court now. I have no doubt they will get off very lightly but at least if it goes to court they will be named publicly. By rights they should get a month in jail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

mike kelly wrote: »
    By rights they should get a month in jail.

I agree with the sentiment but in reality, possibly a bit harsh....... but they definitely should spent one or two nights in a cell to aid reflection on what they did!

That coupled with being publicly shamed into changing their ways (a public court case, names in papers, parents brought to Galway & involved, a word or two from the college authorities, apologies to the people involved etc.) should do the trick.

I hope their peers are giving them the telling-off they need.

P.s Well done the Garda!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

soundbyte wrote: »
    Please dont speculate before potential charges are proferred. This thread should be locked. I see the crazy one from sunday was deleted, and rightly so.
    I agree

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement