Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In final reckoning, the Beast is Slain

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I'm getting into it more and more myself.

It's a beautiful game. The lighting is fantastic, and the glare is so realistic it gets annoying. And the really have got the weightlessness done really well.

The game play itself though is still lacking something imho. Methinks it's nothing more than a tech demo really from them, i.e. put out a game, have some commercial success with it, and license the engine on the back of the publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Looks nice, but its not a great game tbh.

Its like a little level from a bigger game that someone tried to make a game out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im thinking of the greater implications though: I want a Gundam Mod. Like: Now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There is a dedicated server EXE release planned afaik, I'm definitely gonna try make it a part of the next LanParty.ie event :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Just read this on the wire:
    Shattered Horizon TM "Moonrise" Content Pack Announced

Free content pack will double the number of levels in the game

HELSINKI, FINLAND – NOVEMBER 16, 2009 – Futuremark® Games Studio today revealed plans for the first content pack for Shattered Horizon™, their PC exclusive multiplayer first-person shooter. The "Moonrise" pack, which will be free to all players, will include four new levels effectively doubling the number of levels in the game.
    http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/

In Shattered Horizon, a catastrophic explosion on the Moon has filled near-Earth space with billions of tons of rocky debris. Teams of players fight in zero gravity to control the limited supplies that mean the difference between survival and death in the cold of space. The Moonrise content pack includes four new levels set around the shattered Moon, taking the fight deeper into space and showing a new side to the conflict.

Although a release date for the Moonrise pack has not been announced, players who pre-ordered Shattered Horizon will be invited to start play-testing the new levels this week.

"Selected players will help us test the new Moonrise levels from a very early stage," said Antti Summala, lead designer. "Level design for zero gravity combat is a big challenge and we are looking forward to having real players help us create new experiences that cannot be found in other FPS games."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone want some guest passes to try this?

Kiith wrote: »
    Anyone want some guest passes to try this?

I'd take one man, if it's goin. Lenin_Benjamin on steam.

Btw, any boardsies still playing this feel free to add me too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd take one man, if it's goin. Lenin_Benjamin on steam.

Btw, any boardsies still playing this feel free to add me too!
    It says you already own the game, so i cant send it on to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I'd love to give it a go, would like to see if the oul' machine is up to it.

OC'd 8800GT, E6600

Kiith wrote: »
    It says you already own the game, so i cant send it on to you.

Ha sorry, I do own the game, thought you meant a pass to the Beta content (didn't preorder so don't get to see). Thanks anyway man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

TomCo wrote: »
    I'd love to give it a go, would like to see if the oul' machine is up to it.

OC'd 8800GT, E6600

I have three guest passes ifyou still want one and anyone else who is looking for one.

I have an 8800GT as well with a phenom cpu and it plays fine after dropping some detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I'd love a guest pass if any are around... :)

ionapaul wrote: »
    I'd love a guest pass if any are around... :)

Yeah . You'll have to pm me your details (Steam ID or email if you don't have steam yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

May I?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Yeah I have 3 guest passes also. Damn thing kept minimizing my game when the notification would pop up :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Yeah I have 3 guest passes also. Damn thing kept minimizing my game when the notification would pop up :mad:

I got 3 also, 1st 2 to post a link to their steam profile get em (I've used 1)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Ahem....
    genghiz_cohen

Haven't got one yet.

TomCo is my steamID. If I end up with more than one i'll pass on the rest.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

One for me please if anyones got it spare, Steam name is Azza.

Not showing in Steam after a reboot :mad:

• Advertisement

Azza wrote: »
    One for me please if anyones got it spare, Steam name is Azza.

Azza, I tried sending you the game. I have to add you as a friend to do it but it says user Azza doesn't exist. Have you set up a community profile separate from your main account name? You have to do that to have friends I think.

TomCo wrote: »
    Haven't got one yet.

TomCo is my steamID. If I end up with more than one i'll pass on the rest.

Added You both as friends, will send guest pass when u accept

If I have one left 2moro Azza You'll get it, I kinda promised it to a m8, I'll see if he's gonna use it, if not its urs

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

no idea who i sent mine too.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Dunno why you can't find me Wayne the name is Azza on steam, Pog was able to find me.

I'm in the boards.ie steam community as well.

Azza wrote: »
    Dunno why you can't find me Wayne the name is Azza on steam, Pog was able to find me.

I'm in the boards.ie steam community as well.

Strange, I was able to find\add you through the boards group but when I search for your name on the Add Friend function, it can't find you. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Thanks Wayne!

Played for a while last night - it didn't run as well as I'd hope (I've a Q6700, 4GB ram and a GTX 260) - shadows are very pixelly. The earth looks awesome though!

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Added You both as friends, will send guest pass when u accept

All done, thanks.

Advertisement