Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what's everyone doing on Halloween?

• 27-10-2009 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭

I still don't know yet. What about the rest of you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Trick-or-Treating, of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Still deciding, but i'm thinking going to a friends house, along with many others and watching scary films. It's always better watching them in groups - way more entertaining! Probably the same as last year roaming around and then sleeping over in someones house.
    Might go out though but i'm not 18 for another week and a bit :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Getting drunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭AddictedToYou

Well getting drunk would be the obvious option but after the weekend I dunno could my liver handle it, or if I should even chance it. So maybe wandering around. Or the whole DVD and food thing.

Although I did discover that I was long lost childhood friends with a guy who was at a bit of a party on Monday night and we were planning on a trick-or-treating reunion where we used to live. But now that we're both sober....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Soberness.

Working at half six the next morning :(

I wanted to go to that meet up thingy, but that doesnt seem to be happening (Me and A_Neurotic had costumes planned and all!) :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

I don't know! This is the first Halloween in a long time that somebody isn't having a party or something. Have zero interest in going to an overpacked pub full of drunk pirates and Amy Winehouses.
    Damn recession's even hitting Halloween now!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Sitting in complaining about the fireworks and 'the youth of today'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

The plan so far is to go to somewhere in Temple Bar, whereabouts hasn't been decided yet.
    It will more than likely be drunken wandering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I'm either going to a gig or going to a 21st the night before (Hate that so many of my friends are getting old.... The presents are ****-expensive) so on Hallowe'en itself I'll probably stay in. Mneh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

fancy dress...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Getting me a bottle of JD and going to a party :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Yore ma

Not sure yet, something I want to go to on Friday up here in DCU (film screening with the sci-fi soc), friends want to do something down in Wexford... So I'll probably go down on the Saturday, be tired when doing whatever, and go back up the next afternoon... Actually not looking so great.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Was supposed to be going to the Nocturnal Forum Beers, but can't make it up to Dublin for that.
    Working at the Munster-Ulster rugby match instead, then meeting friends for the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Im away in London with the auld parents!
    But my study will suffer as im leaving today! Which is the major downsize cos am getting frighten of dis leavin cert!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I'm going out for the first time on halloween. the last few years I've just stayed in, but it's my friend's 18th this year, YAY! But I'm working beforehand, so that's a pretty big meh.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Its only now i put it together and realised x factor is on halloween! I will find people to watch it with and eat sweets, great day :)

Didn't think of that.. ah well it's only one day ..i'll tape it lol.
    Still havn't decided what to do on Halloween or what to dress up as though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

Going to the oireachtas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Drunk plus mischief...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Sit down, watch xfactor and give out sweets to the trick 'r treaters.

I was seriously considering trick 'r treating with my friend this year. I did it last year and it was great craic but i seriously dont want my neighbours thinking that im some sort of weirdoooo and i have no-one that would do it again anyways :P.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Get locked off my head and dress up as Santa. It's what he would have wanted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Still deciding, but i'm thinking going to a friends house, along with many others and watching scary films. It's always better watching them in groups - way more entertaining! Probably the same as last year roaming around and then sleeping over in someones house.
    Might go out though but i'm not 18 for another week and a bit

This is what i want to do! It just makes more sense! Can go out any time.
    btw i doubt the bouncers will even notice your birthdya being a week out, theyl check the year and photo and shove you in the door!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Read some more of my book,watch the X Factor,call my best friend (haven't seen or spoken properly to her in months,she's in the local boarding school and spends mid term in Canada and got back today[:D:D]) and maybe MSN it up for a while :)

This is what i want to do! It just makes more sense! Can go out any time.
    btw i doubt the bouncers will even notice your birthdya being a week out, theyl check the year and photo and shove you in the door!;)

Thanks i didn't think of that :) Only problem is i'm one of the first to turn 18 and can't abandon everyone lol
    I can't wait for a girly night tonight, enjoy what ever your doing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Staying in - I've hated Halloween ever since I got too old for trick-or-treating. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Plans changed. I'm now way too tired to go out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Black shirt and jacket, black jeans, white collar, one of those CD cases that holds like 20 loose CDs with a cross tippexed on it (don't have a bible), then it's off to the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

this is what i'm doing at halloween:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Sitting in complaining about the fireworks and 'the youth of today'.

Just to add to this, playing FIFA and Rock Band for most of the night.

I swear to God if I end up having to watch the X-Factor...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

I'll be playing TF2 and dreaming of ways to spend the money I'm skipping halloween for.

Advertisement